Best Avatars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is?!

Patrick "Paddy" George Considine (born 5 September 1973) is an English actor, director, screenwriter and frequent collaborator with Shane Meadows.
    Well sunofabitch! Once again, ethnic sterotyping fails me agian.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
      He is?!

Well sunofabitch! Once again, ethnic sterotyping fails me agian.
      Hell of a day for it, too...

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
        Hell of a day for it, too...

zing
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

He is?!

Once again, ethnic sterotyping fails me agian.
          To be fair to you, it's a common misconception. Between the name and In America, people tend to think of him as Irish. If he was Irish, I'd have said "oh, yeah!" to the Liam Neeson successor question... and started pimping him even harder than I already have long ago...

I cannot stress hard enough how fantastic he is in Twenty Four Hour Party People. He completely walks off with the film, and Coogan's no slouch in it himself.
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I saw 24 Hour Party People years ago. I can't even remember him in it.

Comment

• The Happy Mondays will do that.

He was Joy Division's mernergurr, Rob. And he was awesome.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

I saw 24 Hour Party People years ago. I can't even remember him in it.

Comment

• Still can't believe a brit would be called "Paddy". Why would you decieve someone like that?

Comment

Still can't believe a brit would be called "Paddy". Why would you decieve someone like that?

Comment

• Self-deception.

(I was up drinking at 3AM and watching that fucking movie with Gary Daniels as Kenishiro. It was awesomebad.)
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fist of the Northstar, eh?

Comment

Fist of the Northstar, eh?

Comment

• That GIF could do with a health warning.

As for the whole "Paddy" thing, there's a bit of an angle to it. The difference between Patrick Considine and Paddy Considine is a bit like the difference between Thomas Jane and Thom Jane.

Thomas Jane says "Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Girlfriend's Parents! How very nice to meet you. My, what a lovely home you have."

Thom Jane says "Dear Baby, welcome to Janesville. Population: you. And yes, I am aware there are other people here."
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Could the same thing work for Christophe and 'Tophe?

Comment

• Absolutely. To maximize its "T-J: Thom Jane" potential though, you really need that "The" prefix.

"Greetings. This is The 'Tophe™" sounds so much cooler than "Greetings, this is 'Tophe." That's potentially very confusing.

Speaking of which, I suspect he's listening to a certain podcast right about now...

Comment

Working...
                                X