No announcement yet.

Da da da da, da da da da... PETS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartacus had a seizure this weekend. First in 9 or 10 months. He's been acting weird leading up to that, and crawling under my roommates bed a lot. That might just be because it's really cool under there and it's starting to warm up, but not sure. I think it might have been from him not drinking enough water, so I've been trying to stand in the kitchen while he eats and drinks so he gets enough. Ugh. Stupid fucking seizures.

Comment

• I don't remember, there's not medicine that will help him?

Comment

• Yeah, there's medicine. Same shit they put humans on, but it's really rough on your liver. We put him on it for about a month, and he didn't have anymore seizures, at least that I was home for, so the vet said let's not keep him on it if the seizures are few and far between.

Comment

• Hope Spartacus gets better soon, Bill!

Comment

• So my roommate's family dog may be moving in with us. His sister is moving to Florida for college, and his mom is moving to DC where his dad lives for work. They're going to have a small apartment, and not much room for a lab. So he brought her over last night, and Spartacus is PISSED. I still can't deal with how much he is terrified of other dogs, and just doesn't want anything to do with them. Her name is Bella (fucking ugggggggggggggggggggggh) and she's 8 and the chillest lab I've ever met. She doesn't give a fuck about Spartacus. Didn't even look at him. She wanted to find a corner and chew on a bone.

Comment

• Can you ask your vet about calming aids. That may help. Although, his stress may be due to his lack of socialization with other dogs and his past.
              Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• I've tried socializing him a ton, I think it's just his past.

Comment

• Poor Spartacus!

Looks like a stressful time ahead for the two of you.

Comment

• It seems to be going ok! Bella hangs out with Jake, Spartacus hangs out with me. Bella doesn't want to play with Spartacus or anything. Only thing is I need to keep his food put away. Usually I leave his bowls out because he snacks during the day, but she will go in there and eat it up. I am mostly concerned about the first day he and I are both at work. I have a feeling she will stay curled up in his room, and Spartacus will be hanging on the couch/my bed.

Comment

• You could also make sure he has an extremely cozy corner with something with a lot of your scent on it for him to snuggle up with.

Comment

• Oh he does. The couch and the bed are his spots to be.

Comment

• Cool and maybe put out a sweatshirt or something extra to make him feel extra-special.

I know you're giving him lots of cuddles when you two are together.

Just found out today that the vet that's been treating Patch and Stitch since we adopted them is cutting back his hours, taking on an associate who will take the lead in the practice and renaming the practice. Not a big deal. Hope the associate is as good, though.

Comment

• Pretty cool to wake up to a dog SCREAMING in pain.

The emergency X-ray$ (see what I did there?) show a slightly compressed disc in his back but nothing super-serious. Still scary as hell. He gets the good meds and some steroids for the next week and a half.

Comment

• I'm sorry buddy. Hopefully the meds and roids will get him back on his feet.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Thanks. I'm sure he'll be okay but beagles are prone to back and hip problems. The bigger problem is that he's supposed to take it easy for a couple weeks and his little brother is insane and likes to play 22 hours a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X