No announcement yet.

Da da da da, da da da da... PETS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Jeff.... I fucking dread the day I'll have to face that with my dog....
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• That sucks, Jeff. We had to go through that a few months ago with one of our dogs. It's really tough but one thing that helped us was to remember that it's only sad for a short time compared to the years of happiness you have together.

Comment

• Sucks mang, but like has been said, at least you can be there to the end. And you have so many memories that will never leave you.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• All my sympathy Jeff.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
            The health of Roswell, my 15 year old cat who i adopted from Rob, is steadily declining as of late (ie the past few months.) Eating less, drinking less, pooping and peeing less and not in his litter box as much as he used to. Losing weight. Is at 5 pounds now. Was once a healthy 11 pounds. No longer grooms himself so he is getting a bunch of mats in his fur and he stinks. Not eating also prevents me from giving him his medicine for hyperthyroidism. it's the perfect storm for his soon demise. The vet gave him subcutaneous fluids and an appetite inducer but they don't seem to have made any difference. She said to bring him back in a week which was 5 days ago and to "weigh my options". As in euthanasia. I remember writing a speech in high school about Jack Kevorkian and the whole issue of assisted suicide. I had come to the conclusion that it was a persons right and that it was cruel to punish those willing to help those who could not off themselves humanely. 15 years is the longest period of time I have ever owned an animal. Especially one at a cats level of intelligence that could express love and joy and over all companionship towards me. It's going to be really hard to be at his side when the time comes but i suppose it will be an appropriate ending in some way. In the back of my head I always knew this would happen, but now that it is becoming a reality, the closer it gets, the more I envision the look in his lifeless eyes when it's over and it makes me want to vomit.
            You gave that cat a hell of a life man. He deserves rest. Give it to him.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Wow. In the end, you have to do what's right for the cat, regardless of your personal attachment to him. If he's not enjoying a quality life and is actually suffering, then you have to do the humane thing.

You have my sympathies. Wiley is coming up on 15 years and is definitely not as spry as he used to be. I dread the day I have to 'weigh my options', but I'll have to do what's best for him, not for me.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• My sympathies, too, Jeff. It is hard to do what is right. I haven't had to do it yet, but I will someday and I know it having watched my mother make those same choices with the pets my family had while I was growing up. I will do the right thing by Patch & Stitch and just know that I loved them and was loved in return.
                Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Deepest sympathies, and thoughts and prayers to you and Roswell, Phedg.

Like Jen said, it's rough, but it's what's right for both you and Roswell. Roswell won't suffer anymore, and you can very easily say you loved him and he loved you in return.

Comment

• After not seeing him all day yesterday and not responding to my calling, I had a friend go down to look in my basement where Roswell likes to go and sleep sometimes. She found him in his cat bed looking very weak. So she brought him upstairs and covered him with a blanket because he was quite cold; tried to get him to eat or at least drink some of his supplement milk to no avail. At that point I had pretty much decided I would take him in tomorrow to end it, but when I woke up this morning I discovered he had passed during the night. I'm sad that he's gone but at the same time relieved that I didn't have to be the executioner. Farewell Ros'.

Btw thanks to all you guys and gals for all your kind words before and after this whole ordeal.
                    Last edited by PHEDG; 09-24-2013, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• So sorry, Phedg. RIP, Roswell. May you chase many mice wherever you are.
                      Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• Sorry Jeff, losing a friend/pet is never easy. Just remember the good times and love Ros gave you.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Deepest condolences, Phedg.

Comment

• Ugh, that's awful man. Sorry to hear it.

Comment

• Sorry bro. You were the best person I could have given Roswell to and you gave that cat one hell of life man.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• SHIT. Deepest sympathies, man.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X