No announcement yet.

Da da da da, da da da da... PETS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, that sucks so bad Lisa. I'm thinking of you. I've been worried sick over Gucci (been having to force him to eat and drink since he started this medicine) but putting on a fake strong face for Brittany. Here with you we shall cry and cuddle with our pets together.

Comment

• I know, it's so scary when there's stuff going on with them that they can't vocalize to us. I hope Gucci's doing okay too, Billy. Maybe it's just the meds that have him off for a bit.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Hey gang!

The vet got the blood work back early, so he just called, and I'm grateful to say that news is good! Edison's not diabetic, nor are his kidneys crashing, thank god! The levels are fine - the liver levels are still a tiny bit high, but not scary high - and besides, he can't increase the dosage of liver meds even if they were, so that's good to know.

The only thing is he's a little dehydrated, which is weird because he's drinking so much. But there's something called Endosyn that he can be given to fix that. Apparently it's something that's given to patients after surgery to keep them from getting dehydrated. Anyway, with regard to the excessive drinking, which of course leads to the excessive urination - apparently he's just guzzling water because he's guzzling water. No real reason that the vet can find that's any cause for alarm.

Anyway, as promised, I wanted to let you know as soon as I heard, and he just called - thanks for the prayers and the good wishes, I know they helped my baby!
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• yay!
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Good news!

Comment

• Now that's how you start a New Year off! With GOOD news! Glad Edison's OK, Lisa, and thanks for the update! You're a good mommy!

Comment

• Thank you guys, so much!

Comment

• Street urchin Gucci after getting a bath.

Comment

• awwws
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Buckley and I were playing this morning and he jumped up and accidentally scratched my eye and drew blood from my forehead. Needless to say he has sharp claws. Luckily the eyeball escaped any damage but I look like a villain from GI Joe.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Gucci's so cuuuuuute!!!

Josh, glad you're okay! You probably need to clip the guy's nails, or take him to a groomer who can do it without hurting him.

Comment

• Gucci's a doll, Billy. Josh, glad you're OK, too.

Spent part of my niece's birthday playing with her kitten/cat. Wound up playing an improvised version of "peek-a-boo" with her on the stairs, and she was flirting up a storm with me. Problem was she was a bit scared of all the people and noise at my in-law's house. Also, she didn't like the birthday balloons, so she hid for a good chunk of the day.

Comment

• Cut his nails? Jeeze I never thought of that. /DUUUUUH lulz

We've tried but he freaks and he's big enough to jerk his legs away and I don't want to rip a nail out. Groomer $$$ ain't in the budget so we're waiting till his next vet visit, they can do it there.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• With regards to Buckley... I had the same problem with Patch puling his leg away, because we cut our cats' nails because we can't afford to have a groomer do it either. I tried to desensitize him to my playing around with his feet by doing so in a less stressing situation, like when I was cuddling him. He's now pretty good about it. I also give him and Stitch treats afterwards and reward the good behavior.
                              I also feel your pain about the scratch by the eye. Had that one myself. Patch nicked me millimeters from my tear duct years ago. Tim was in a near panic when it happened.
                              Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• That was probably the angriest I ever got at the cats. Patch had this habit of getting on top of the bed's headboard and he jumped down right on Jen's face while we were sleeping. Wound up hollering at him, and took Jen to the doctor the next morning.

Patch NEVER goes on the headboard anymore, mostly because he knows he fucked up.

Comment

Working...
                                X