No announcement yet.

Weather...Fuck it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got about 6" here, and still coming down. Glad it's Saturday.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Got a couple of inches, but it's already turning to slush thanks to the rain/sleet mix. I was still able to drive to Lakewood, get my car inspected by the DMV, and drive home without any problems. Most of this will be gone by Monday, when we hit 50+ degrees and get some rain.

Comment

• Winter is here in a way that I was going to try and make it until after the wedding to buy new tires and after almost dying on the way to work yesterday morning, I bought new tires last night. I hate winter.
        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• So jelly. Like 78, misty, foggy, muggy.

Comment

• Icy. Cold. Grey
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathan View Post
              Icy. Cold. Grey
              I'll take things that describe my heart for $1000 Alex.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                I'll take things that describe my heart for $1000 Alex.
                You must spread rep around....

Lesley, with the kind of snow you guys get, snow tires are something you can't afford NOT to have. I'm glad you got them!

Just got home from a morning hair appt, and it's STILL snowing, plus it's gross and disgusting now that it's getting slushy.

I was walking from the hair salon back to the subway, and straight ahead of me was a father walking hand in hand with his little girl - the kid looked to be around six or so. First of all, this guy had the little girl's umbrella over his *own* head while the snow continued falling on the child, so - yeah, really nice.

Anyway, they're walking along, and all of a sudden they both simultaneously slip and fall flat on their faces, both at the exact same time! I swear, it looked like they had timed it for a dance routine. I was directly behind them, and I automatically made a grab for the kid, but missed her. So me and everyone else were all like, "Ohhhhhh...." and then the kid started to cry - just that long, stunned wail that was more scared than hurt. They both got up and looked reasonably okay.

Then I get back to Queens, and as I'm getting off the subway and slushing towards my apartment, I see this little tiny bent over old lady - roughly about 100 - walking with a cane, trying to cross before the light changed on the opposite corner. So I back-track from my side of the sidewalk, scoot back over across the street to her, and I go, "M'aam, here, let me help you across." She doesn't respond, answer or look at me. I put my hand on her back and guide her across - no response. Then I said "M'aam, are you okay getting where you're going? Do you need any help getting there?", because of course, god forbid they should shovel the fucking sidewalks in Queens! And - no response! She just walks away from me, and into the supermarket. I dunno if she was deaf, but she didn't even respond when I put my hands on her to make sure she didn't fall. It was weird. Anyway, I are a fail at gud samaritinz!
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• You tried to help, Lisa. And whether she acknowledged it or not, you did go out of your way to help the old lady. That's what counts. You gud samaritanz! Expect good mojo coming your way soon!

So, just got back from moving my car and my folks' car across the street to the church parking lot. Condo association called, told everyone to move our cars 'cause the plows were going to scoop up the snow and stuff.

There is NO snow in the parking areas. Some slush, yes, but it's melting away. I'm seeing grass coming up through the snow on the lawns, and 90% blacktop everywhere else. Also, half of our neighbors aren't moving their cars anyway, so the plows aren't going to be able to do shit regardless. Which, come to think of it, is what the plows are going to wind up doing anyway as there is NO SNOW in any of the parking spots.

We had snow shovelers come around and clean the walks. The walks had a DUSTING of snow that was pretty much gone when I got back from getting my car inspected. Then the shovelers came.

The condo association wants us to jump through hoops so the plows can scoop up... well, nothing really. Jen says it's to avoid a lawsuit, in case somebody slips and falls on ice. Which we're going to have anyway, as I highly doubt anyone's going to be able to scoop up wet blacktop.

While I admire the motivation and the fact they're trying to do their job, I don't recall seeing this much effort when we had tons of snow everywhere last winter, and the clean-up didn't start until late in the afternoon/early evening. If we were lucky, that is.

I'm paying close to $200 a month for THIS?

Comment

• J.H.C. on a popsicle stick I luv my remote start in the winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      Jen says it's to avoid a lawsuit, in case somebody slips and falls on ice. Which we're going to have anyway, as I highly doubt anyone's going to be able to scoop up wet blacktop.
                      Jen's probably right on this one. Even if it's just a thin layer of slush, someone could still slip and fall. And even if you have the black ice later on anyway, and someone *does* slip and fall, they need to show that they've still been clearing the area. So it's annoying, but I get it.
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• I just want to applaud MN's plow drivers this morning....did I say applaud? I mean annihilate. Good jerb on not being out all this morning. 3-4 inches of snow on top of ice on the freeway is fun to drive through.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Looking at 50-60 today, as the snow melts away. Should be in the upper 40's, skirting 50 or so, the rest of the week, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                            I just want to applaud MN's plow drivers this morning....did I say applaud? I mean annihilate. Good jerb on not being out all this morning. 3-4 inches of snow on top of ice on the freeway is fun to drive through.
                            My commute took almost two hours this morning.

Usually, our plows are awesome. A fairly minor snowfall like we had would have been a piece of cake. For some fucking reason, NOTHING got done overnight. Really quite pissed off over it.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Awesome, horrible storms in Texas. Austin freeways are shut down, they are all underwater. Dallas is getting the same. The band of rain from Austin is coming to Houston and forecasters are saying "slow moving storm I REPEAT slow moving storm" and saying if you're not at work just stay home. GREAT.

Comment

• Damn! Billy, Josh, be careful out there!

Comment

Working...
                                X