Weather...Fuck it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    I have to say this about MN: when snow comes, our crews are out doing their jobs as soon as they can. They pre-treat the roads and plow 24/7 if necessary to get the job done. Snow Emergencies are declared at appropriate times and people are fricking towed RIGHT AWAY to ensure that the roads can be plowed in a timely manner. In short: shit gets DONE.
    Oh, I'm sure - but you guys have much worse weather than we do, so MN is probably always prepared.

NY and NJ always go by the "We'll worry about it when it happens" mode of thinking, and by then it's too late. Then they panic when there's a foot and a half of snow on the ground.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• The winner goes to the managers of Heathow. Sweet jesus, you'd think Brits have never encountered snow before.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Ugh, yesterday it was cold and crisp and enjoyable. Today it is warm, muggy, and pouring down rain. Guess I shouldn't bitch, we've been in the midst of a drought all year.

Comment

• we get freezing rain starting tonight.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Plus, one of the biggest fuck ups in NY is just simply that they don't clean up. The rest of the week is going to warm up, which will melt some of the snow away, which hey, great! But then when the temperatures drop overnight and it re-freezes, you have people slipping on the sidewalks and landing on their asses all over again. It happened this morning - there was a semi-clear spot on the sidewalk, which was still left wet enough that it re-froze. I walked to the subway, and I skidded on it, but managed to stay balanced. However, the guy behind me wiped out.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I pray for at least one fucking day where it gets below thirty-five.

Winter must have been thrown into that grave in the cornfield with Joe Pesci, because I ain't seen him for weeks.

This is bullshit.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Well, then, come to NJ, Russ! Love to have you - we can shiver together outside in the mornings before work!

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                  I pray for at least one fucking day where it gets below thirty-five.

Winter must have been thrown into that grave in the cornfield with Joe Pesci, because I ain't seen him for weeks.

This is bullshit.
                  Jesus H. Christ...be careful what you wish for.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• My god is an alcoholic father of six.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Your god is William H. Macy in the new show Shameless?
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• He wears many crowns, many titles.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nothing believe 35 Russ? We had three days in a row of 30.

Comment

• It was hyperbole, but the underlying point still stands.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Remember our collapsed Metrodome? Well, it won't be fixed until March now.

And our forecast?
                              - Rain tomorrow
                              - Rain possibly turning into snow on Friday
                              - Flash freeze of the rain/snow on Friday night as the temp drops to ZERO. Car crashes galore on NY Eve.
                              - Cold as hell with snow flurries on Saturday.

I hate this state.
                              Last edited by Matt; 12-29-2010, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• This is why I love that Rob and I don't really go out. We don't have to worry about drunk drivers driving on pure ice and killing us on NYE.
                                If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

Working...
                                X