No announcement yet.

Weather...Fuck it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent well over an hour clearing snow & ice from my son's trampoline in the back yard. With all the snow we've had, including a 12" accumulation 2 weeks ago that hasn't gone completely away, it was sagging mighty low in the middle. I was afraid the canvas would rip, or the springs would break. We did have a 50+ day last week, and the day after was 40+, so a lot of snow at the edges of things did melt. But with the reent drop, it all refroze. There was an inverted cone of solid ice 6" thick in places, covered with pellet-y snow to almost a foot deep. Had to really hack at it with the snow shovel to break it into manageable chunks, but I finally got it cleared. Although I may have seriously cracked the shovel.

And now, we're not gonna get half the snow they thought we were. It dusted for about 1/2 hr earlier, but as of 11:30, it ain't doing a goddam thing outside. Ah, well. At least the trampoline snapped back into place.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• We're getting the snow here. Bleh!
      Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• I knew we had a freeze left! I watched the temp drop about 15 degrees from red light to red light last night. Woke up to it being 25 degrees out, it was pushing 80 yesterday.

Comment

• Still in a deep freeze for a couple of day. Then, the snow hits. Reportedly, it could be hitting us pretty damned hard.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Brrrrrrrrr-oooooooo!

Comment

• I looked in my glove box today, and the packet I keep my registration & insurance card in are gone. I recall the tech I saw at Sears Auto Center on Saturday where I waited ALL DAY to get my brakes fixed asking for it b/c he needed the VIN. I gave it to him, but I can't recal if I got it back. If I had, I would have stuck it right back in the glove box. I swung by there today & this guy swears he never asked for my registration, & the packet is nowhere to be found. Tore the car apart & searched all the pockets in the coat I was wearing. . . nothing. So, think I, could be worse. I have a spare insurance card, & I took the day off so I'll just swing by DMV, because according to the webiste it's a form, flashing my driver's license & insurance card & a $5.00 to a replacement.

All State Offices closed as per the order of the governor, because a blizzard was expected & he decalred a state of emergency. And. There. Is. No. Snow.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Damn city is a winter wonderland. Trees covered in ice as far as I can see. Tons of trees and power lines down, like 50K without power.

Comment

• *grumble*

Comment

• we ain't getting shit
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• heard a couple of inches tonight and plowable snow on Thursday.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• NOPE WE'RE NOT GETTING ANYTHING. STOP GIVING CREDENCE TO THE WEATHERPEOPLE DAMMIT
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Woke up this morning to see we hit 100+ inches for the season! a new record! Weather guys are jizzing all over their pants.

Comment

• Cold front and huge thunderstorm blowing in right now. It dropped 25 degrees in about 45 minutes. Saw an article that Houston has never been colder for longer in history. I am totally fine with all you guys being buried under snow until August if it remains 50F here.

Comment

• We had a cold front come in on Sunday morning. Our high is something like 35 outside, and it's like 15 with windchill right now. Gonna be a cold week with some flurries, it sounds like.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X