Geek things you don't get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You fucks leave Rocky Dennis alone.

It's not like he has a choice about how his shit smells when there's a huge tumor pressing up against his limbic center.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nintendo (Post 1992)
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Scruffy'd.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
          Nathan Fillion
          Chuck (no offense, Grave)
          YOU OFFENDED ME!
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Doctor Who.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Not being a beta bitch and not liking Commando.
              Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-05-2011, 07:09 PM.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And dogpiling on Doctor Who.

What's to get? It's a sci-fi property for sad fucks like myself.

That'd be like positing old-as-Methuselah's-bearded-ballsack questions like "What's up with those Trekkers/Trekkies? They like a show about future people flying around in space doing stuff. I DON'T GET IT!"

Let it go. It was never yours to have.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'll second the Superman questioning. Other than Kingdom Come, I don't think he was ever done (at least not in my lifetime) in an intersting manner. The comics and movies are fucking BORING 99% of the time. And 50=% of the time, they're stupid into the bargain. "I'll use my superspeed & heat vision to make these conveniently stockpiled bits of steel into a makeshift colander to scoop those hapless citizens out of the bay. Of course, it will look JUST LIKE a giant sized Oxo Good Grips from the housewares section at Fortunoff, and not makeshift at all. Because I'm Superman. And I got it like that." I might have been with them if the thing DID look makeshift, but come on. Asking me to suspend disbelief is one thing. I expect to do that reading comics. But to make the thing you're asking me to believe that stupidly presented insults my intelligence. And adds fuel to the fire for those who hate on comics & their fans. Write like a grown up; your readers read like grown ups.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Sounds more like you have a beef with bad comics than with the Last Son of Krypton.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I think I have a problem with the ultra powerful. He's a hard character to write for. And Marvel seems to have kind of solved that problem; powerful as Thor is there's always a Thanos or Galactus or Shaper of Worlds ready to step up and unleash Power Cosmic on his ass. DC ain't had no one like that since the Anti Monitor. Except the Endless, and rarely do their paths cross those of the Super Humans.
                      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• It is a difficult character to write, as being omnipotent doesn't exactly make anything that steps to your shit as being anything less than a joke.

Which is why I propose they restructure the universe to accomodate several new omnipotent dickbags who can Worf-Factor some poor bastards for fun (yeah, that thing we used to have back in the day), and set their sights on Ol' Blue Balls.

Yes. I'm saying DC should just leave Superman 2 on a loop. But this time, the villains actually put a hurting on the motherfucker from another mother BECAUSE HE AIN'T THAT GOOD, WILL HUNTING.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Green Lantern.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The new Kryptodouches can beat him up. A lot. Over and over. Until Ryan Reynolds falls into obscurity and signs on for Van Wilder 8: Back to School.
                            Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-05-2011, 10:11 PM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I've never had a problem with Captain America's inherent goodness. Superman? Ugh. I can't put my finger on why, but it just grates on me. He's not from here (and even though he was raised here) why should he care? Speaking of which, that was actually a plot point that I liked in Returns. Him leaving Earth for 7 years to investigate Krypton. Shame they excised that from the beginning of the movie.
                              We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                              - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Steve is awesome, Kal is a Spacemexican here to take our jerbs. I just wish he would stop pretending he's not from Juarez, Krypton for once.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X