Geek things you don't get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
    I can't quote you any current stats for any sports dudes. And if you don't know what I'm talking about visit the WoW forums and decipher some of the posts there. If you still don't get it you're probably one of the sex deficient weirdos I'm talking about.

Go to any fucking sports forum and you'll see the same thing. And no one is calling anyone out here, but if you gonna generalize, do it right.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I can't quote you any current stats for any sports dudes. And if you don't know what I'm talking about visit the WoW forums and decipher some of the posts there. If you still don't get it you're probably one of the sex deficient weirdos I'm talking about.
      They also accept those with obsessive personalities that still have a line out for some fanny.*

Those forums are a place where some people seek advice, and some seek nothing but the most base form of communication, even if it is a "flame war". That said, it is a highly specialized set of terms one must adhere to in order to decipher certain things that are largely formulated and promulgated specifically for that community.

*Going by US/UK standards, it covers all persuasions.
      Last edited by Captain Russ; 12-15-2009, 02:59 PM.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
        Go to any fucking sports forum and you'll see the same thing. And no one is calling anyone out here, but if you gonna generalize, do it right.
        I'm generalizing about GEEK shit I don't get. Last time I checked sports weren't geek shit. People who follow sports stats however are. So fine, same shit. However I have no active interest or previous participation with that so it doesn't factor in to what I'm talking about. And I'll give you an idea of what I'm talking about......
        Originally posted by WoW Forum dude
        1) I have heroic legguards of Ascension for example, and i have seen a post telling me that with 2p tier 9 set bonus, gemming +10 str/+10 crit in any peice of gear that will give a set bonus of +4 strength or more, you will get more dps, as it increases the crit chance of Righteous vengeance. I already have a nightseye in another peice of gear with similar sockets, red/blue/yellow, and have nightseye/bold/inscr<wbr>ibed in it already...

the question: is it viable for me, with red/blue/yellow sockets which give +8 strength, to socket Nightseye/bold/inscr<wbr>ibed to obtain the set peice, or should i stick with my 3x +20 strength gems.

2) When to Avenging Wrath, lately, i have found that I can get more dps doing this rotation at start:
        Judgement, CS, DS, Consecrate, CS, Avenging Wrath/Trinket, Exorcism, Judgement, CS, Consecrate, etc.

I am currently using DMC and Beserking on my weapon, in raid i generally sit at 7.2k dps with this.

I've been told to wait for DMC to proc and beserking, then toss out Avenging Wrath, however, when I start fights, my first hit pretty well always procs DMC and it has an internal cooldown of like 30 seconds, therefore I have to go about 40-45 seconds before i cast my Avenging Wrath, and i find it doesnt help me reach my potential dps.

when i use my avenging wrath almost at start of fight, i find i have 10 seconds left of my DMC proc, i generally have Beserking up, and i have 2-3 stacks of SoV up, i use Exorcism as soon as I avenging wrath because its one of the highest damage when cs/judge off cooldown.

Question: when do you use Avenging Wrath?
        I shouldn't need a code cracker to get into a vidja game. Just my 2 cents. Feel free to disagree or compare my points to "insert random activity that has nothing to do with my point"
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• By the way. Homo gamers = real gamers is the fuckin truth. Respect.

I understand that the sports dudes can get rather stat heavy but I can at least follow the conversation on those forums. WoW forums? Speak in a language I just don't understand. Hence, why I never got deep (much less a toe dip) into the game.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Metal's post? Exactly what I meant by speaking in a different language.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

I used to be able to. It was the same thing with FFXI. If you play long enough, you end up know the jargon and how it works with your eyes closed.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                By the way. Homo gamers = real gamers is the fuckin truth. Respect.

I understand that the sports dudes can get rather stat heavy but I can at least follow the conversation on those forums. WoW forums? Speak in a language I just don't understand. Hence, why I never got deep (much less a toe dip) into the game.

Fine then. Now go beat Ikaruga for me so I don't rip my Gucci mane out.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                  I used to be able to. It was the same thing with FFXI. If you play long enough, you end up know the jargon and how it works with your eyes closed.
                  Fair enough but some of those people show such disdain for people just picking the game up. Lame. They could be helpful but they'd rather geek out and shout someone down. I don't get it, thus my initial post.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• So, is it sad if I can understand what the WoW poster is saying?

He's giving up his equipment stats, the sequence in which he uses his abilities and wants to know what would work better.

It's like a car geek, home tech geek, or any geek for that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                      So, is it sad if I can understand what the WoW poster is saying?

He's giving up his equipment stats, the sequence in which he uses his abilities and wants to know what would work better.

It's like a car geek, home tech geek, or any geek for that matter.
                      No, what's sad is if that same fucker sees someone else doing it different and starts Nerd War III with him. That's what I'm getting at. Who gives a fuck if I chose Flying Scissor Kick over Thundering Camel Toe? It's a fucking vidja game!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
                        Fine then. Now go beat Ikaruga for me so I don't rip my Gucci mane out.
                        Haha. Fuck Ikaruga.

Comment

• I just want an instruction manual to the language. I think I would love the game but it seems incomprehensible at this point (and I hate that you could understand that).

Comment

• Stick to Burger Time.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

No, what's sad is if that same fucker sees someone else doing it different and starts Nerd War III with him. That's what I'm getting at. Who gives a fuck if I chose Flying Scissor Kick over Thundering Camel Toe? It's a fucking vidja game!!
                              Oh yah. Well, I can't explain that. Fucking pissing wars are always going on, even in the nerd/geek/dork world. I get why stats are important but fuck flamewars over it.

Comment

I love joining raids where they want you to link your build so that they can bitch about it in chat. Fuck 'em
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X