POLITICAL BULLSHIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    You telling me the GOP can actually GAIN something from this??
    In the house, yes.
    In the senate, we lucked out to a certain degree concerning which senate seats were up this year.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• VOYONS DONC TABARNAC
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Voted.
        Bigger turnout than usual at my voting place. This is gonna be interesting.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Voted.
          Bigger turnout than usual at my voting place. This is gonna be interesting.
          I early voted and the republicans here are making it really easy to see how difficult they're making voting. My early voting space went from a huge gym with a ton of machines to one tiny room with about 1/4 of the machines. There was only one person to help with the paper ballots, and when you need to scan your votes there was one machine for the whole location.

Comment

• absentee baby. Weeks ago.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• what's the latest, Troy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                what's the latest, Troy?
                pretty good. Watch out for red mirage early in PA and WI.

But, it's looking really good.

Numbers are crazy good across the board. Record turnout on top of record mail-ins.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Really good as?
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It's the best First Term midterms results for a sitting President since Bush in 2002.

There is still time for hi-jinks, but this has largely been a misfire for non TX and non FL Republicans.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Voted on my way to work yesterday morning. Signing in and voting took about 3 minutes.

Kind of optimistic at the results, just hope after the final counts that the Dems control both House and Senate.

Comment

• It's looking like the Dems keep both, with little pick-up in the Senate.

Boebert is out on her ass. Whitmer beat her competitor, but that lady is nuts as fuck.

Lots of good, lot of expected bad. Still, lots of awful Republican bullshit beaten back last night.

Comment

• Texas didn't come out to vote. Even Uvalde voted for Abbott after the school shooting. I have officially given up hope that Dems will make any headway in this state. Told Sarah last night we have to get serious about moving. 1/3 of eligible voters came out, which is what it usually is here. The "California invasion" is largely fueled by Republicans moving from CA to TX. Doctors and teachers are quitting Texas at an insane rate. This weekend it's supposed to hit the 30s in Houston and my first thought was "is the grid going to go down?" We just can't keep living here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            It's looking like the Dems keep both, with little pick-up in the Senate.

Boebert is out on her ass. Whitmer beat her competitor, but that lady is nuts as fuck.

Lots of good, lot of expected bad. Still, lots of awful Republican bullshit beaten back last night.
                            Near as I can tell:

Senate:
                            - we're going to be 49D/50R with a runoff in Georgia. Warnock should win that making the senate a tie at 50/50.
                            - the unknown is Arizona. We should take that senate seat but the state might try some fuckery for that seat as well as for the Governor's seat.

House:
                            - totally up in the air but should come in pretty even when all is said and done. Whoever 'wins' the house will do so by 3 or fewer seats which is hardly a 'mandate of the people'.

Governors:
                            - We won a lot of crucial governorships. PA, MN, MI, and WI amongst them. A lot of attorneys general won too.

Comment

• House is the only one I'm concerned about.

Pending everything keeping at current levels, we'll be at 51D/49R. Harris has the tiebreaker. Which is good in its own way, while not perfect. It means we can play Manchin and Sinema off each other. Especially since the DNC has three strong candidates being built up to primary the living hell out of Sinema.

Manchin is a useful idiot until a time comes where he can be replaced. Sinema has been expendable for over a year now.

Comment

• where do you see the 51st senator, Troy?
                                - WI: they just called it for Johnson.
                                - NV: not called yet but not looking good for the D candidate.
                                - AK: definite R
                                - GA: runoff
                                - AZ: looking like it will be Kelly but not firm. Also, open to fuckery from the GOP

So that gives us GA and AZ which would bring us to 50 in the senate.

Comment

Working...
                                X