POLITICAL BULLSHIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the fallacy of sunk costs.

As to me, there are quite a few red zones here in MN. The Twin Cities metro area is predominantly blue, but holy shit is it red when you get out into northern and western MN. Generally farm country and smaller towns. The good news is that last weekend we went up to a smaller town (Taylors Falls) which would normally be Trumpville, but there weren't that many Trump/Pence signs up. Sure, they outnumbered the Biden/Harris signs (and we DID see quite a few of those), but it wasn't oppressive. While I think that he'll still quietly get support from a lot of these towns, I don't see them as 'out there' about it like they were years ago.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      It's the fallacy of sunk costs.

As to me, there are quite a few red zones here in MN. The Twin Cities metro area is predominantly blue, but holy shit is it red when you get out into northern and western MN. Generally farm country and smaller towns. The good news is that last weekend we went up to a smaller town (Taylors Falls) which would normally be Trumpville, but there weren't that many Trump/Pence signs up. Sure, they outnumbered the Biden/Harris signs (and we DID see quite a few of those), but it wasn't oppressive. While I think that he'll still quietly get support from a lot of these towns, I don't see them as 'out there' about it like they were years ago.

Outside of deep rural and/or red areas, Trump support is gone. What's more telling to me is how many military outliers have just dropped out for him.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I was getting that vibe on the base as well, Troy, from some of the enlisted personnel. I'll learn more mid week how the vets and retirees are taking Trump's statements when they're allowed on base midweek (restrictions due to the pandemic, which I'm told will be relaxed more at month's end).

Comment

• Texas, does anything else need to be said? These fucking rednecks around here really think a boogie man will come and take their freedumbs in the middle of the night if Trump's not reelected. SMMFH
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
            Texas, does anything else need to be said? These fucking rednecks around here really think a boogie man will come and take their freedumbs in the middle of the night if Trump's not reelected. SMMFH
            Sounds a lot like the Pineys here in Ocean County, NJ.
            Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• It's the same old shit that gets force fed each political cycle. If anyone would've paid attention in the History and/or Civics classes, they'd know they're being played.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLynnCarr View Post
                Sounds a lot like the Pineys here in Ocean County, NJ.
                Idiots are everywhere now.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  Idiots are everywhere now.

That's what blows my mind when people shit on the South. It's like, fuckers. That redneck accent and mentality is EVERYWHERE. David Cross had a good bit about telling apart people from Bakersfield to Platte to the Ozarks to the North Georgia Mountain region.

Redneck idiocy is a culture onto itself without region. Right now, they're nearing the end of their last big Hurrah for awhile.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                    That's what blows my mind when people shit on the South. It's like, fuckers. That redneck accent and mentality is EVERYWHERE. David Cross had a good bit about telling apart people from Bakersfield to Platte to the Ozarks to the North Georgia Mountain region.

Redneck idiocy is a culture onto itself without region. Right now, they're nearing the end of their last big Hurrah for awhile.
                    My ex from Canada would get so offended about "Americans from the south" and I was like what in the fuck? I saw trucks rolling coal and sporting confederate flag stickers in downtown Toronto. And that was in the mid 00s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Hope it's for a LONG while. As in that generation dies out once and for all. Fuckers have done so much damage to this country's progress at all levels it astonishes me.

Comment

• Gimme some good news, Troy.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• There really isn't any.

Ginsberg's death increases the chances Trump will try to win a second term through the courts. Initially, I thought this strategy would probably fail since I'm pretty sure Roberts is sick of Trump, but I very much doubt anyone else will side against Trump. Certainly not Thomas, Alito, or Kavanaugh. Maybe Gorsuch, but probably not. That's assuming they don't ram a pick through.

Even a tie will allow the lower courts decision to stand, which will probably be in Trump's favor since they flooded the Federal judiciary with conservative filth.

This is about as grim as it gets, kids.
                          Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Gimme some good news, Troy.

It's all up the numbers at this point. Flood the polls. Do what I did back in June and volunteer to drive microbuses or whatever is available. Bring people out in droves.

It's easy to say things are bad, because there is plenty of opportunity for things to go bad.

But, it's not.

Right now, the GOP is stuck in a tricky position play. If they move like they want, they instantly give up all the Senators and down ballot people that are in danger of losing or are losing.

If they don't do it, then they alienate the Trump core and risk reprisal that way.

If they do it and Biden wins, the Left will stomp on the GOP in a way that the Older Boomers have long held back on.

Right now, it's the ultimate Catch-22 for a political party that has demonstrated time and time again that they don't understand consequence. Get what you want now and pay later. Or, you can delay what you want and take your chances in the afterglow. Romney is betting on the latter and don't believe for a moment that Mittens isn't going to capitalize on a Post Trump world.

Comment

• So, now what? Odds are good that Trump is going to get a third justice seated now.

Comment

So, now what? Odds are good that Trump is going to get a third justice seated now.

Vote Biden and get ready for 12 justices in 2021.

Comment

Working...
                                X