No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just think you'd be better served putting your mind at ease, and for your own sanity's sake I beg you cease this line of questioning, as that way lies madness (and the dreaded power level debates) in trying to wrap logic around illogic.
    Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-01-2012, 08:19 AM.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
      That'd be cool to see, as it'd cement Thor and Cap's bond.
      I didn't know that they're lovers.

Comment

• Just Aryan bros. Bro.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I get where you're coming from Matt but some things just.....ARE.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• And your point would mean we'd have to rewrite every single piece of fiction where a character has endured unbelieveable stress to their corporeal form.

There would be chapters and chapters devoted to their recovery, rehabilitation, and their untimely retirement to an assisted living facility.

I don't want reality to intrude on the fantastic, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that sentiment.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I WANT TO SEE IRON MAN ON A RASCAL.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Done tongue-in-cheek ala Jackass, sure. But only up to that point.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                  I get where you're coming from Matt but some things just.....ARE.
                  Hey, I have no problem suspending my disbelief over a Norse God doing shit. Physics is physics, though. Transfer of energy and force simply ARE. It's a real world setting, and you have to judge the power of things that you see on-screen by how they relate to real world, known facts. Things have weight. Things have energy. Force and energy transfer do not simply to out the window. Even the comic books themselves do a better job of addressing this than the movies do.

Who wants pie?
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

Who wants pie?
                    Blueberry.

Comment

• Matt. COMICS. BASED IN COMICS NOT REAL. A MOVIE. BREATHE FRIEND.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I know it's only a movie, and my complaints are not going to get in the way of my enjoyment of the film. I'm just saying that, when you introduce science fiction or fantasy elements into a film, you make an audience understand how those elements work by having them interact with objects that can provide a point of reference for the viewer. If a character is super strong, you can show this by having the character pick up a bus and throw it. The bus STILL has weight to it, though. It is still bound by the real world physical laws that govern our planet. If the thrown bus hits a God, you can buy that the God can take the damage because it has fantasy elements to it. If you throw that bus at Iron Man, I can buy that the armor can take the punishment. There simply isn't enough shock absorbing material to prevent the body within the armor from turning into goo.

Who wants ice cream fir their pie?
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          There simply isn't enough shock absorbing material to prevent the body within the armor from turning into goo.
                          You obviously don't own your own mechanized weapons suit.

Comment

• I'm going to try and help my good buddy Matt out with this...

Cap's shield is composed of a vibranium-iron alloy, along with a mysterious x-factor, that makes his shield nigh-indestructable. The vibranium allows the shield to absorb any and all vibrations/impacts without causing injury to Cap. Vibranium is an alien metal found in Wakanda, home of the Black Panther (who best show up in an Avengers flick soon).

The scene with Thor being knocked back could be the shield reflecting Thor's blow back at him, OR a weird scene cut where something else is blasting Thor back on his ass (Iron Man? One of those alien thingies?).

Oh, years of comic book reading and not getting laid, how you've helped me!

Comment

• hahahhaa. This thread just got so much better.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• As for Tony Stark surviving whatever punishment is doled out to Iron Man's armor, the armor also has superior shock-absorbing properties and junk due to Stark's inventive genius. He developed some sort of iron alloy that, I think, incorporates a form of vibranium or adamantium that, while not as strong as the originals, is damn close enough to do the job.

Or, we can always go to the old Marvel standby "healing factor" that answers any and all questions re: super folk and the punishment they can take that would liquify a normal person.

Comment

Working...
                                X