X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
    I love both Hulk flicks.

Seriously, Norton Hulk > Iron Man
    I loved Iron Man, but yeah Norton Hulk was awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Looks fun. I'm there.
      At the end of the day this is where I'm at too.

EDIT: And yeah Norton's Hulk was badass.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
        I love both Hulk flicks.

Seriously, Norton Hulk > Iron Man
        THIIIIS JESUS.

Norton Hulk > Bana Hulk > Iron Man
        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Norton as Banner was as on the money casting as Downey's Stark. Alas.

Then again, they knew what they were getting into hiring Norton to begin with. But I'd have fired his ass too.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            THIIIIS JESUS.

Norton Hulk > Bana Hulk > Iron Man
            Norton Hulk > Iron Man > Bana Hulk IMHO
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
              Norton Hulk > Iron Man > Bana Hulk IMHO
              I have a tremendous soft spot for Ang's Hulk movie. I can't even qualify it exactly. I think it was because it was the first comic book movie that FELT like a comic book? It's one of those ones I can watch any day of the week if it's showing.
              <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Same here. I love the flick for the editing more than the story though.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Which leads me back to "they aren't sure how to market it". They are using the same strategy used for X-Men, but with a less likeable hero. My opinion is that this indicates they know the troubles they will have getting buzz on this flick in the mainstream.
                  Reading a lot into something that isn't there.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Mike has DC stock.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I have a tremendous soft spot for Ang's Hulk movie. I can't even qualify it exactly. I think it was because it was the first comic book movie that FELT like a comic book? It's one of those ones I can watch any day of the week if it's showing.
                      Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                      Same here. I love the flick for the editing more than the story though.
                      Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy Ang Lee's Hulk movie but I just feel Iron Man was a bit more enjoyable for me. I did like that Ang's Hulk FELT like a comic like you're saying, but at the end of the day I'd rewatch Iron Man far quicker than I would Ang's Hulk.

Comment

• To me, it looks like they are trying to remind people of the first IM film. I think that's smart.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'm also down with the Hulk love for both movies, though I favor Norton's flick a bit more (though Lee's played like a comic style-wise, Norton's FELT like a comic, right down to the throwdown with the Abomination at the end).

As for the Avengers, that flick will make serious bank next summer, marketing be damned. The comic fans are going to see it opening night, the fans of the Iron Man flicks will as well. Everyone else that goes to see it won't be expecting high art - this is the crowd that wants to see multiple superheroes beat the ever-loving shit out of the bad guys while stuff blows up around them. Damn flick will sell itself, much like the Transformers flicks did. All they gotta do is run commercials similar to the trailer, and that's it.

My only concern is that this doesn't become Iron Man 3. If the four lead heroes (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk) get their own arcs or big moments to shine, then it's job is done (sorry, Hawkeye, Black Widow and her ass, and Fury are just window dressing as characters go for this flick).

Comment

• My one concern with the trailer is with the lack of any real moment for Thor to shine. He poses alot but that's it. I'd think that there would have to be some good 'so...you're a god, then?' exchanges with Stark in the script...I want to see those.
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I'm of the opinion it's just the first trailer - something to warm up the crowds for the NY Comic Con this week. Trust me, we'll be getting trailers out the wazoo for this, with each of the Big 4 getting a showcase trailer of their own to shine in.

Now, where the hell was Cobie Smulders in the trailer? Bet she looks HOT in her SHIELD gear.

Comment

• Valid point. My thing is that 'Thor', as a film, has really grown on me. It plays great on tv. I also really like the character a lot, and Hemsworth really nailed the role. Loki got his villain moment in the teaser...that really wasn't balanced with a hero moment for Thor.

Still dig the trailer...love the practical effect usage with the exploding cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X