No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Rocchi's review is exactly what I wanted to hear.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• If you like comic books, you'll like Captain America. Comic panels in motion, without the bubbles and onomatopoeia. Fun times.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Really dug Cap. Tucci was the highlight for me, got a kick out of the Cap punching out Hitler gags and them actually incorporating the comic into it, and maybe it's just me but it was nice to see a superhero that kills people. I thought it would go super PG and he would punch or shield bash everyone in the film but he also be shootin, stabbin and tossin fools out of planes. I mean, they're Nazis after all, Hydra name swap or not.

The
          Spoiler: SPOILZ? 
        Avengers Teaser
        post-credits got me jacked too
        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• awesome.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHELICARRIER
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• YEEESSSSSSssss

Comment

• Saw it. Loved it. Good job Marvel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Twat

I just got back from seeing it and I only have three things to say:
                  1. yes, it was sad.
                  2. some people STILL don't know to stay after the credits of Marvel movies.
                  3. I swear I heard some dude cum during the Avengers teaser.
                  Cap, Robot Face with a hooch habit, Aryan Spaceman...you're doin' me proud.

Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Captain America: FUCK YEAH!

Jen and I were blown away. Audience dug it too, with most staying to see the end credits, and the Avengers trailer afterwards. The comparison to "Indiana Jones meets The Rocketeer" was most apt, and it's pretty damn faithful to the comics, probably the most of all the Marvel Studios flicks so far. A bunch of little in jokes to the comics, too (the 40's Human Torch had me do a spit-take - clever girl, Marvel. Clever girl.). Chris Evans IS Cap - he just nailed the character to a T, as well as Hugo Weaving's Red Skull. Coldly sinister and ruthless as fuck, and he made the Red Skull make-up work like a mofo (THIS is what they should've done with Willem Defoe in the first Spider-Man flick as opposed to the helmet). Even has a brief Michael Bay's Armageddon scene with some kids towards the end of the flick that almost brought a tear to my eyes. Seriously, check this out, it doesn't disappoint.

Marvel done dood it again!

The Avengers trailer looked fantastic, and was a bit surprised folks weren't more jacked for it. We also saw the trailers for Spider-Man (audience reaction was "meh", though the trailer looked MUCH better on the big screen), Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Hollywood needs to start holding back on giving everything away in the trailers already - I feel like I saw the film already), Mission Impossible 4 (once they lose Eminem's music, the trailer got better), and Conan (still on the fence, but I'll probably break down and see it in the theater).

Comment

• From SDCC - Avengers Teaser Artwork:

Comment

• I do not see anything. Thinking FF is fucking with me.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• http://www.slashfilm.com/the-avenger...ruffalos-hulk/

Is it just me or are they going for a Tim Sale vibe with the Ruffalo Hulk?

Comment

• They've definitely given him the hughjass brow.

I like it.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Saw the end credits of Captain America

I demand more footage of Ruffalo and his awesome fluffy hair.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Took me long enough.

Finally saw Steve on the big screen.

A tease for Winter Soldier/BuckyCap, Hydra's weaponry sounding exactly like Iron Man's repulsor blasts, Tommy Lee Jones being grizzled as fuck, MAD SCIENTISTS, Werner Weaving/Hugo Herzog and all that good stuff surrounding a Rockwellian American bro who never learned to dance but learned to throw a shield.

I can't believe it happened. That there was an honest to goodness Cap movie that didn't have J.D. Salinger's nutfluid fighting Mario the Skull.

An actual throwback adventure movie? In the summer? WAT

Also:

DAT RAINCHECK

Manly tears.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X