Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    I dug the first Strange for the most part but I fell in love with his character in IW and EG and then it solidified in the new Spidey.

plus, more Wanda is always welcomed. Lol to Caucasian Vision. I thought Armor Wars was cancelled or was that Secret Invasion?
    Armor Wars is in Pre, may already be shooting.

Secret Invasion is ongoing now and will get a Season 2.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• oh shit. Cool. I don't really care about Armor Wars atm, but glad to hear SI is going on and will get at least 2 seasons.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• UNLESS everyone is confirmed to be a goddamn Skrull...
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Troy: how closely does DS2 match the spoiler description that you posted months ago?
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• well that new quick trailer Marvel released today for DS 2 def confirmed 2 things that I'm sure Anderson has already posted, but I haven't read any thing yet as I want to go in mostly blind.

Spoiler: spoilers from new trailer 
            Definitely Professor X in yellow wheelchair and Captain Carter shows up

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              well that new quick trailer Marvel released today for DS 2 def confirmed 2 things that I'm sure Anderson has already posted, but I haven't read any thing yet as I want to go in mostly blind.

Spoiler: spoilers from new trailer 
              Definitely Professor X in yellow wheelchair and Captain Carter shows up
              More spoilers

Spoiler: Yep 

Both parts almost a year ago.

But, the movie peaks with that entire Illuminati fight. Everything afterwards feels like the most expensive ad for a streaming service ever filmed.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• So your spoiler laden plot description from earlier...more or less true?

Also:
                  Spoiler: Spoiler 
                is Tom Cruise in this or what?
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  So your spoiler laden plot description from earlier...more or less true?

Also:
                    Spoiler: Spoiler 
                  is Tom Cruise in this or what?
                    Spoiler: Everything I report on is true, I'm not Grace Randolph 

But, I can't account for reshoots and changes. Just what leaks from production workers and other means.

Balder seems to have been swapped out for Black Bolt. Otherwise, Illuminati sequence remains the same.

Krasinski, Stewart, Atwell and others are playing their characters. Carter and Rambeau seem to survive, while the others get destroyed.

McAdams had way less time than it seemed.

MCU Mordo totally cut, it's all Illuminati Mordo.

Let me see what else changed from the start to now.

Orchard attack (now non existent in favor of the Tibet magic town) and everything in NYC play much shorter. Seems like Campbell as the street vendor got added to fill time.

America Chavez gets more jokes. Trying to make her more kid/teen friendly. But, she's a walking plot device.

Trying to think of anything missed outside of the obvious.

No Agatha which it painfully needed, but Feige is telegraphing a lot at the end.

Wanda seems to die, but it's vague. Seems like they're giving her about her 3rd 3rd act to come.

Her boys aren't ever in the MCU, they're shells of kids taken from other dimensions.

If you told me the last 12 minutes weren't direct by Raimi, as well as the post credits...I'd believe you.

Post credits are Strange showing signs of becoming Sinister Strange/Bastardized What If Strange. Talks to Clea.

Then, a minute of Bruce Campbell riffing on the street corner selling pizza balls.

Comment

• Working on Doc 2 review since we got greenlight to roll early.

However, something stood out.

Spoiler: Spoilers 

When they axed the Cruise stuff and then killed the Dead World segment (movie jumps from Magic Town to Illuminati World with a single cut now), they kinda whiffed on a lot.

Now, a lot of Strange's new powers and affliction from Dead World gets lumped onto the C'hton Shadow Realm at the end. So, for 30 minutes you get WV getting resolved, the Darkhold fucking up Strange, intro of Chton, Wanda realizing she's a monster and her kids turning against her. Plus, Strange can command the spirits of the dead and damned now.

No idea why they edited this thing down so bad.

Comment

• Oh yeah, Lena Headey is in Thor 4.

Comment

• Good - Lena Headey needs more work/love. Who's she playing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                          Good - Lena Headey needs more work/love. Who's she playing?
                          I've been trying to think of where she fits in. Logically, as part of the Olympus crew...but knowing Marvel she'll be third politician from the left at the UN or Norway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

I've been trying to think of where she fits in. Logically, as part of the Olympus crew...but knowing Marvel she'll be third politician from the left at the UN or Norway.
                            Lololol
                            tenor.gif?ctx=share.gif

Comment

• A big fat slice of boredom.

That didn't feel like a film made by Sam Raimi. It felt like a filmmaker known for his style/tone/visuals agreed to steer the ship (with all the story beats and major sequences already decided on) for the paycheck, and they allowed him to pepper in his isms here and there. But even those felt tired.

Olsen was shockingly bad. Like career-worst turn as Wanda and she's otherwise been solid and has (at least on paper) a great turn. But it falls so flat.

Spoiler: Spoilers for what you've known for 3 years 
                              As for the much hyped cameos. Wow. Not the good kind of wow. Krasinski was terrible. Felt like he was reading from que cards. Almost like "Oh yeah you want him so badly? Ok then..."

The Bruce cameo was funny and those deaths were deliciously nasty. Got the biggest reaction out of me and our audience who you could tell were not into it. The ending and mid-credits scenes drew "...WHAT?" reactions aloud, and not the good kind.
                              Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 05-07-2022, 08:22 AM.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Loved it myself. Loved how gruesome it got, especially with Zombie Strange at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X