Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    again, not that anyone is pulling this card here (happened at work the other day though), I do not hate women or am misogynistic. I just don't drink the kool aid and judge shit on their own merits.
    I don't think you are.

Look, I think it's a solid B/B- minus. My Captain Marvel loving wife (who's sitting next to me watching CLEs in a Don't Tell Me to Smile, Captain Marvel shirt) agrees with that too. She might rate it a bit higher.

And I agree that omnipotent characters aren't very interesting. Which will be the challenge going on with her, and probably leading the way to more, for lack of a better word, emotional based character journeys.

All that said, you probably weren't the target market for this film.
    Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
      Her arc was accepting her power and not allowing others to impose their limitations on her. It's a very feminist movie.
      also, this is the movie:

*hands glow*
      Man - "don't use that power."
      Marvel - "ok"

*hands glow*

Man-"don't use that power"
      Marvel -"But I want to"

*Hands glow*
      Man-"Don't use that..."
      Marvel -*uses hand power*

End credits.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I totally get why people were comparing this to phase 1 movies though. It needed a much better director and better script and more of her friend. She and her kid were great.
        It's a solid Phase 1 movie. It's sort of charming, in a retro way.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

also, this is the movie:

*hands glow*
          Man - "don't use that power."
          Marvel - "ok"

*hands glow*

Man-"don't use that power"
          Marvel -"But I want to"

*Hands glow*
          Man-"Don't use that..."
          Marvel -*uses hand power*

End credits.
          Yeah, that's an arc.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• A flimsy one at best.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I think I completely turned against the movie with that shitty Nirvana scene.

Comment

• It’s simple, but it’s there. And it moved the character forward. What else would you want? Downey’s arc isn’t much more complicated in the first Iron Man.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• But he had charisma. She was lifeless compared to him but that was due to the story and not Brie.

Comment

• test. can we make posts again?
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• ??? Was something broken?

Comment

• Yeah, the message dialog boxes on the bottom of the page would not accept input for about an hour there. Really weird.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• They're re-releasing EndGame into theaters with bonus footage. Read an article where Kevin said he doesn't even know how much footage is being added.

Give me an extra 35 minutes of plot shit and I'm in. Give me 5 stupid scenes that do nothing for the movie and you can suck it Marvel.

Comment

• They really want it to pass AVATAR, don't they?

Comment

• Word.

Comment

• I just hope upon hope that they will have a deleted scene of antman going up Thanos's butt

Comment

Working...
                                X