No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TcMBFSGVi1c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Spoiler alert! Captain Marvel is in this movie?!

Comment

• that's how you do a trailer.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Also, I have a question that I swear I'm not being snarky with but honestly need to understand (and this may only get a real response from Martin or any other people here with kids and in no way is meant to be a slam or anything like that) but how is WW or CM or really, ANY MOVIE important to a kid just because of the gender of the character?

Like (and again, not directed towards you specifically Martin but your post was the most recent example on my time line, glad your kid loved it!) I have so many friends on social media saying how important CM is for their daughters and shit (and the fact that charities were being set up to send underprivileged kids to see a FUCKING MARVEL MOVIE) and I sort of get that because most superhero movies are dudes but like when I was 8 The Goonies was super important to me because it showed that kids didn't need to rely on adults but now you fucks all say what terrible taste I have and how shitty that movie is ,etc...

And on the flip side as an 8 year old I also fucking LOVED Pippi Longstocking(went as her for Halloween one year), She-Ra (collected all of the fucking toys, wanted to have long hair like her, etc), Return to OZ, etcccc and all of those starred little girls and in no way was I ever meant to feel weird or even lifted up by people saying THOSE ARE IMPORTANT MOVIES so why CM and how much of this shit is Disney manipulating the masses here?

Again, shouldn't kids be empowered by REAL people or things and not fucking comic book movies? Like what parent is saying "You know Iron Man is really important for my kid to see because of how resourceful Tony Stark is..."

Again, I have zero ill will towards CM (haven't even seen it yet so I can't even say if it's good or bad) or honestly any movie starring any fucking gender.

I just want to understand.

Comment

• Maybe I'll never get it and I'm just too cynical. But it all feels so forced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                that's how you do a trailer.
                fuck yeah it is. And that shot of Rocket on War Machine gets me all excited.
                Gah, can't wait for this flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  Maybe I'll never get it and I'm just too cynical. But it all feels so forced.

Some kids definitely want to see themselves in their heroes. I think you're probably the outlier here. She-Ra? Naw man, I trashed She-Ra as a kid. She was garbage that made MOTU way more lame (I actually like the new series). But my heroes? Luke. Indy. Bunch of white dudes. It's who I connected with because they looked like me. Most kids are fucking dumb and are gonna go with what they know, or with rainbow felt puppets.

Comment

• But that's just it. You went with what you liked. So did I. I loved He-Man AND She-Ra. Shit man, She-Ra brought the Horde front and center and they were WAY cooler than that bitchass Skeletor. I know it's a trash show now. So is He-Man. I also loved Indy, Han Solo, etc..

Again, I get it. Kids like what kids like and if they feel good by a movie, fuck yeah! Absolutely I want more people to like things and enjoy the nerdness! It's just that some people take this shit to the Nth degree and those people are definitely not the kids.

It's not important. It's a fucking superhero movie made by committee. I'm glad your kids like it. I'm glad little girls are running around in CM/WW costumes. I'm glad little boys are running around in BP, IM, CA costumes! Heck yeah man. Kids are fucking great. You can like it, love it, enjoy it, hate it, but it's not important in the grand scheme of things from an adult persepective EXCEPT to those that have kids who are in to it. If you have kids, fuck yeah shout that shit from the rooftop. If you don't, stfu and find something else to do.

To that point, horror movies should be JUST AS IMPORTANT because 99% of them are all about the girl winning in the end but because there are tits in there and gore, it's trash to most people and yes I know this example isn't 1:1 but same fucking point that people make that WOMEN ARE BADASS.

Also, I'm just bored at work at the moment and want to discuss stupid superhero nonsense. I don't have a stake in any of this past just being slightly annoyed buy some people on my friends list haha.

I'm also the kid that was never into the thought of girls are gross or that boys are better. In fact I've always been in the mindset that I want my wife to be the best business jerk ever and make all the money so I can be the kept husband that cooks, cleans, and does everything else at home.

Comment

• We are also a pair of hetero white boys that have seen hetero white boys on the screen our entire lives. We can't consider what it's like to be a little girl or a black kid or a gay kid that sees a super hero like them on the screen. It could be really important to them. My niece is old enough that she's not taking identity from movies, but Black Panther was the first time she gave a shit about any of the Marvel movies because there was finally story telling from a perspective she lives with everyday.

Comment

• Makes sense. Again, not trying to take shit away and I know by being a cis-white-male I am not supposed to even question this shit but it is what it is.

I'm all for kids liking shit they like! And I'm all for kids finding a movie important! But I'm not about people telling me I'm wrong and part of the problem because I hate Lady Ghostbusters and therefore I must hate women. Which again, no one here as ever done.

Comment

• also, just in a mood to debate shit that doesn't affect me hahah.

Comment

• But back to End Game, holy shit I want that movie in my face right now.

Comment

• Luke just wants poop jokes and pew pews, so I'm probably not the best person to add anything significant to this debate.
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• the debate itself isn't significant, and I think Billy was able to make the point I was sort of looking for. I was just annoyed this morning hahah.

Comment

Working...
                                X