No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I long for a film that will never be.

wooo
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Loved it, warts and all. Had a great time.

You can definitely tell that the Thor subplot got totally cut out, though.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I enjoyed it for what it was but it's middle of the marvel pack for me. Maybe there's a better film somewhere on the cutting room floor but it felt off pacing wise and just didn't WOW me like others have. Also....Hide the zucchini? LOLWUT?!
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
          Now I long for a film that will never be.

wooo
          Flair isn't the Captain America we need, but the one we deserve.

Comment

• Who's for changing the long pending Flight of the Navigator Podcast and turning it into an Age of Ultron roundtable?

Rerb?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBB BBBBBBBB?!?!?!?
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I was really entertained by this thing. It's certainly more enjoyable to watch than the first one but still has a bunch of problems.

Spoiler: it's not a spoilr to say Whedon still sucks 
              the biggest problem with this movie, and likely all the movies from here until Civil War part 2, is that it functions solely to set up the next movie. It moves from setpiece to setpiece connected by bits of exposition that will be important three movies from now. Hey, here's this country called Wakanda! That might come up later! Hey, Loki's staff is powered by this gem thing and we've seen those before! That might come up later!

I wonder if Whedon will ever figure out that it's not necessary for a main character to die for the stakes to be high. All the Hawkeye fake-outs were tired. I don't have much love for Quicksilver but it would have been interesting to see him grow and work with the team, especially since the resident dickhead drove off into the sunset (again). And I really liked Ultron but, man, Whedon be Whedoning with his dialogue.

The only thing still worth watching in the first movie is the Battle of New York. At least here, the whole thing is worth another go.

Comment

• took the day off to go see this. Hopefully it's worth it.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  took the day off to go see this. Hopefully it's worth it.

See it. Process it. I want to make this Roundtable happen. Make Ceej see it. Tell him that Ultron is one of the Joker cards.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• It took all of my efforts to stay awake, let alone care about anything that happened that didn't involve the voice of James Spader.

What a bloated, vapid light show.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• One more thing:

Liz Olsen.

What fucking gene lab built her? Best special effect in the movie.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I actually really dug this. A whole bunch.

Spoiler: spoilers 
                        • the opening battle was awesome. felt like a comic come to life.
                        • Loved the twins. Liz Olsen...gotdamn. I think I prefer X-Men's Quicksilver however.
                        • The stuff with Serkis felt cut to shit and/or just set up for Black Panther. LOOK I CUT OFF HIS ARM....OOOOOoohhhhh
                        • Spader was PERFECT for Ultron.
                        • The Hulk/Iron face off was fucking great. GO TO SLEEP.
                        • Hawkeye was actually interesting. Huh. Color me surprised. Loved everything with him BUT the constant "OH SHIT HE'S GONNA DIEEEEE"
                        • that being said, why the fuck kill off Quick? Laaaammmee.
                        • WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT HELICARRIER COME FROM? Like for reals, what the shit?
                        • Needed more Falcon.
                        • The Vision was amazing looking. So cool. Dug everything with him.
                        • If Hulk didn't go into space I'll be sad.
                        • so there are two infinity gauntlets? ok.
                        • any significance to the new AI that Tony was using after he uploaded Jarvis into Vision?
                        • And what the shit was with Thor's vision? Felt reallllly cut to shit there.

I dug it.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• from what I understand, the entire Thor subplot with his vision was left on the cutting room floor to get the film down to 2.5 hours.

I agree on the Falcon...he should have been in this at the end battle. When War Machine started tearing stuff up, Falcon should have been right beside him.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

•   Spoiler: to infinity and beyond! 
                              two gauntlets? Huh? Because there was an Easter egg of one in Asgard and then the one Thanos grabs mid-credits? I guess I'm discounting the Easter egg version from THOR since these movies have all been set up for Thanos building the Gauntlet.

Comment

• Feige said there was two.

Comment

Working...
                                X