X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicle was great great stuff.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Let's face it. Chronicle did the "If Superman really existed" thing better than Man of Steel and I really liked Man of Steel and really despise Landis.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• But Man of Steel wasn't really doing a "If Superman really existed..." So that's kind of a weird fucking comparison.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• In your face!!!!!!!!
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

•   Spoiler: semi-sorta spoilers 

Clark Gregg (Agent Phil Coulson) gave an interview to Larry King (still has a show?) suggesting that the Scarlet Witch is why he came back to life.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That Cap poster....... AWESOME
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  Spoiler: semi-sorta spoilers 

Clark Gregg (Agent Phil Coulson) gave an interview to Larry King (still has a show?) suggesting that the Scarlet Witch is why he came back to life.

Spoiler: DOFP Xavier/Magneto Sex Scene Alert! 
                To which Larry suddenly woke up and yelled, "WHAT THE FUCK IS A SCARLET WITCH?? Little Rock, Arkansas, you're on the air!"
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  Or maybe Landis' script sucked?
                  could be, but I can also see the studio saying "just add a "2" and have more fights"
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Cap 2 tidbits.

Spoiler: Every other day this week is Marvel shit and contests. 

Captain America 2 takes places 2 years after The Avengers, thus setting the stage for The Avengers 2 to take place in real time (i.e. 3 years after the first movie).

The High Council from The Avengers that wanted Manhattan nuked is the SHIELD oversight committee. They answer to Robert Redford in the flick.

For comic fans, they are these people: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commiss...man_Activities

Garry Shandling is reprising his Iron Man 2 Senator role. Antagonizing Captain America and SHIELD now over the Winter Soldier.

They're doing a lot of FX work with Toby Jones to reprise Arnim Zola.

Peggy Carter will appear alongside Howard Stark in flashback. Rumor suggests that there was a reshoot to have Carter in old age makeup for Cap to meet her in modern era.

The Falcon's role has been reduced a little.

Crossbones is a double agent. Batroc gets more fighting time than Crossbones.

Heavily borrows from Brubaker's run.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• that sounds awesome. Also, MORE GARRY IS ALWAYS AWESOME.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        not sure how that fits in here (unless it's about Wallace being the new Torch), but I disagree. Chronicle was much better than it had any right to be in my opinion.
                        Yeah, I was just using the discussion about that fella to take another shot at the massively overrated Chronicle - a film which felt more like a show-reel for some fairly pedestrian special effects and set pieces than a solid, engaging narrative.

The "whoa, bro!" archetypes, none of whom were particularly interesting or memorable, spent too much time running around pulling superhero reality show stunts; the found footage conceit was typically yawn-inducing; I honestly found The Troubled One going Villain near the end pretty amusing (clearly not the intended outcome). I just get the feeling people often excuse a lot of its sloppy writing and superhero tropes because of the concept rather than the execution.
                        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The found footage stuff in my mind actually worked completely in this movie. Using their powers to manipulate the camera was borderline genius. using personal experience here, if my friends and I from high school found out we had "powers" we'd do the exact same shit. Just fucking with people and what not. That was the part I most liked to be honest. The Troubled One was a bit too "troubled" for my taste, but Dale sold it pretty well.

I dunno, I guess since I thought the movie was going to be the worst thing ever based on the trailers and it ended up being much better (thanks to the leads) leads to defend it.

But I can see where you're coming from...sorta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            But I can see where you're coming from...sorta.
                            I'll take it! Good man.

I expected very good things from it because of the presentation of the material and the onset of superhero movie fatigue. Chronicle represented a chance for something meatier than the average cape/spandex yarn, while still being as fun and visually spectacular as you'd expect from that sort of story. The everyday "angle," if you will, seemed a good one. But I just couldn't get past the thinly-veiled excuses for the (admittedly understandable) high school super-antics... at least, not enough to switch off irritants like The Annoying Angst Boy.

The camera larking is fun in small doses, yes, although it felt like that stuff was filling up space where those characters could have been better developed in more focused second and third acts.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NLWsK1ZFunA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• sooo good.

Comment

Working...
                                X