No announcement yet.

Avengers Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't hate it. Just indifferent. Coulda been a cool voice.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
      Don't hate it. Just indifferent. Coulda been a cool voice.
      That.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• And it still might be, you haven't heard how he's gonna sound yet.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Cooper's strength is not his voicewrok, its, his charisma and body language. He MIGHT surprise, but most expected Raccoon to have a hard voice to contrast with his appearance.

Comment

• Coopers strength? /Nerdinggonewild
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It's a rather fair assessment of the man and his abilities. Could surprise, but I'm guessing he'll just be Coopering it up.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Which will be a tiny part of an ensemble film. BUT THE TALKING RACOON NEEDS TO BE MORE GRITTY!!!!

Nerds

Comment

• Never really followed the revamped Guardians of the Galaxy comic (indeed, I had some early issues of the Raccoon's book and the Byrne/Claremont Star Lord as my touchstones), so I'm willing to bet Marvel knows what it's doing casting Cooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    Which will be a tiny part of an ensemble film. BUT THE TALKING RACOON NEEDS TO BE MORE GRITTY!!!!

Nerds
                    Nerds? Tiny part? Stop dumbing it down then. At this point I'm pretty sure you never read that comic, did you. It's more of an impression most all had from the character. Hell, Marvel vs Capcom 3 got that part smack on.

No one here "hates" the movie for that casting, nor are we "nerds" for saying it could have been a more inspired choice than an good actor whose defining qualities ain't his voice (yes, really). At it smells like a casting due to have a big name attached to it, but either Gunn has a plan, or Marvel jammed it down his throat and he'll have to make it work. Maybe it will work perfectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      Never really followed the revamped Guardians of the Galaxy comic (indeed, I had some early issues of the Raccoon's book and the Byrne/Claremont Star Lord as my touchstones), so I'm willing to bet Marvel knows what it's doing casting Cooper.

A couple of thoughts.

1) Gunn is directing the voice acting, hence the last minute additions of Gunn friends flocking to London.

2) Nathan Fillion is going to do something with Phase 2, as long as ABC doesn't Remington Steele his ass.

3) James Gunn has earned my trust. All Troma alumni can do whatever they want, as far as I'm concerned.

4) I'm far more interested in them slipping Gregg Henry under the radar, then contractual nightmare it's going to be to get someone for Rocket Raccoon. But, Disney wanted names for Groot and Rocket since Day 1. As previously brought up, they were batting around Sandler and Carrey initially. It's amazing they worked down to this.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That and I'm looking forward to Elizabeth Olsen doing Scarlet Witch. It's going to be a streamlined Whedon female husk with hex powers.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• My point, regardless of whether I read the comic or not (I haven't) is that you nor I know how Cooper is going to play the role. Why shit on it now before any work is even done? Bottom line? Relax folks, it's just a movie.

RE Martins post

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                            A couple of thoughts.

1) Gunn is directing the voice acting, hence the last minute additions of Gunn friends flocking to London.

2) Nathan Fillion is going to do something with Phase 2, as long as ABC doesn't Remington Steele his ass.

3) James Gunn has earned my trust. All Troma alumni can do whatever they want, as far as I'm concerned.

4) I'm far more interested in them slipping Gregg Henry under the radar, then contractual nightmare it's going to be to get someone for Rocket Raccoon. But, Disney wanted names for Groot and Rocket since Day 1. As previously brought up, they were batting around Sandler and Carrey initially. It's amazing they worked down to this.
                            So Cooper isn't a Disney-order thing, but a Gunn-approved one?

Comment

• I could not be laughing any harder right now.

Comment

• SHUT UP BILL! LAUGHING IS NOT PART OF THE INSANITY PROGRAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X