New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    waiting for FilmNerdJamie to come in here and say it's gonna suck. Feels like that is gonna happen.
    Yeah, but that guy sucks, so why bother?

It looks AMAZING
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Looks like Paramount decided they may as well release the full trailer since it leaked already and got a great response.

Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yeah, I'm on board. I love that series and it has yet to let me down. Even the second one because without that existing we never would have gotten Hugh Jackman as Wolvie so it gets a pass for that.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Looks like Paramount decided they may as well release the full trailer since it leaked already and got a great response.

I am ready.

Comment

• I’ve only ever seen 1 & 2. To me it’s kinda like the Fast and the Furious movies: “they’re still fucking making those?” Though, I suppose it’s no different than the marvel movies and I need to get over myself and watch them.
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Yeah you do. They're great.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The difference is the MI movies from 3 on fall into the top like 15 action movies of the last 25 years. Ingrid, you gotta see Superman reload his arms like a shotgun.

Comment

• also, Philip Seymour Hoffmann's bad guy in part 3 is a thing of beauty. It's legit a series of movies that get better with each new flick. I'm struggling to think of another series like that.

Comment

• One of my favorite Hoffman performances, for real. It's JJ's best movie by a country fucking mile.

Comment

• I'd tie it with Super 8 if only because I fucking LOVE Super 8.

As for the MI flicks, as much as I love the first one, it's the "smallest" movie in the entire series which is hilarious as when it came out that movie was all like OUR ACTION SCENES ARE THE BEST OMG LOOK AT THIS TRAIN SEQUENCE.

Comment

• My personal ranking of the MI films:
                        1. MI 5: ROGUE NATION
                        2. MI 4: GHOST PROTOCOL
                        3. MI 6: FALLOUT
                        4. MI 1
                        5. MI 3
                        6. MI 2

And bear in mind, the top 5 of those are all in the Great to Awesome range of quality. It's really only the second one that I cringe at.

You do want to watch them in order, though. They stand alone well enough for the most part but there's a loose continuity between them, especially from 3 onwards.

Also, you've missed out on spectacular action sequences. A personal favorite is this entire sequence, culminating in an absolute phenomenal motorcycle chase.

Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Yeah, Rogue Nation is fucking awesome. Actually, even though I will always LOVE the first entry I agree fully with Matt's rankings. Part two is again, the only ehhhhhh entry

Comment

• Hey guys: drop what you're doing and watch RRR on Netflix. Just do it. Trust me.
                            This is an Indian action adventure film that is amazing in its awesomeness.

A trailer for it:
                            Last edited by Matt; 05-24-2022, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• That looks absolutely ridiculous. I'm in.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                That looks absolutely ridiculous. I'm in.
                                I can't fucking wait to hear what you think of it. So far, it's my favorite movie of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X