New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

You thinking WEST SIDE STORY? That's certainly earning the raves and I could see the Academy giving Spielberg a victory lap at this stage of his career.
    It's Spielberg's best movie since Munich. Not even kidding.

Honestly, it feels like a year where everybody picks up 2-3 and then the top dog takes 4. Lots of split votes.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• That's a big statement considering that I think MUNICH is a masterpiece and arguably Spielberg's 'best' film.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

That's a big statement considering that I think MUNICH is a masterpiece and arguably Spielberg's 'best' film.
        This could have been such a lazy film. But, I'm starting to feel it will be the pinnacle of Spielberg's third career act. I've got pals working on the Arizona movie which I'm not sure if they're sticking with the current title. They act like it's foolproof Oscar bait too, but eh.

Meet the Fabelmans or The Fabelmans should be current title.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• I fucking LOVE Munich.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            I fucking LOVE Munich.
            The rise of MUNICH's prestige over the past 10 years has been heartening. I saw it theatrically and thought it was one of the best movies that I'd ever seen. Subsequent viewings have only reinforced that opinion.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Should probably check that out at some point.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Being the Ricardos is so awful that Aaron Sorkin should take a 5 year break from movies and TV.

Comment

• yeah, reviews aren't looking great for that. Kind of a bummer as I grew up watching Lucy with my grandma. Was looking forward to it but going to skip it now. How do you make a hilarious woman unfunny?
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    yeah, reviews aren't looking great for that. Kind of a bummer as I grew up watching Lucy with my grandma. Was looking forward to it but going to skip it now. How do you make a hilarious woman unfunny?
                    By making 2/3rd of it into melodramatic girlboss and downplaying what people want to see.

JK Simmons is low key the star of the show and he's only in it for maybe 20 minutes.

Comment

• such a shame. Oh well.

Comment

• ok, THIS looks like it could be a lot of fun:

Comment

• Yeah, I'll check that out. Nice seeing Cary Elwes in anything.

this looks like some stupid fun with some stupid people

Comment

• The first one wasn't as bad as it could have been and now that Carrey is full on Eggman I'll check this out on streaming.

Comment

The rise of MUNICH's prestige over the past 10 years has been heartening. I saw it theatrically and thought it was one of the best movies that I'd ever seen. Subsequent viewings have only reinforced that opinion.
                              I championed Munich so much. I expected a Jew celebration of killing. A Jewmurica film.

We got something so nuanced. So perfect.

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Can't wait. Bummed about Depp not being in it but Mads is a great choice for a replacement. Still wish Colin would have been the main dude throughout all of these movies though.

Comment

Working...
                                X