No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was on the floor in disbelief the first time I watched it. Like a one woman show rendition of Rambo 4.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's so goddamn stupid lol. Literally haven't watched the movie since I saw it in theater because of it. I remember groaning loudly when that shit happened.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Oh I can definitely see myself writing it off if I had paid full ticket price for it. But it being one of the last buttcam viewings besides the time I watched Endgame on Spankbang, it was wonderful in a Burn Hollywood Burn sort of way.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• HEEEEEEEEEELL YEAH I SPY A DAVIES

Comment

• Looks good, but once again, seems the trailer's giving too much of the story away.

Comment

• Halloween Kills suffers from the fact that it was plotted as a trilogy in advance, then had to deal with the pressures of COVID and script changes to make things work.

Spoiler: Spoilers 

The time jump now seems to be between Kills and The Third One.

Little black kid got his role GUTTED

Lots of weird edits that showed they didn't know where to end the fucker.

The gay couple dying used to be in the early middle of the film, as Michael took the house back over.

Since it's Blumhouse, they'll make the deleted material available. Not sure how much will be true deleted or alternate takes.

A lot of the weird sequiturs and breaks come from the fact that the plot requires knowledge of where all three movies are going.

Honestly, they could've used Dean Cundey in post and on-set to help correct the 1978 sequences. The Loomis CG against the archival footage really holds up. It's just everything else in the 1978 stuff could've used the master cinematographer that is still alive and was willing to help.

Especially because there are another 3 1978 sequences in the third one's plot.

If I took it as a standalone movie, I could shred it apart.
              But, it's part of a planned trilogy and I'm holding back a lot until after it completes in 2022/2023.

The movie's critical issue is that it asks a modern audience to remember a 2018 movie and care about it

Last edited by Anderson; 10-16-2021, 10:24 PM.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Halloween Kills was fucking dope. Bring that third one on.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I laughed until everybody was dead. Reminded me of Silent Night Deadly Night 2 with the amount of recapping they jammed in and made speech itself redundant.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                    I laughed until everybody was dead. Reminded me of Silent Night Deadly Night 2 with the amount of recapping they jammed in and made speech itself redundant.
                    TRUTH.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Reading about the Loomis stuff right now.

No archival footage or CG like suggested. It was one of the tech crew in prosthetic makeup and they just dubbed the audio over him. Stunning.

Comment

• Saw a photo of the test makeup and they did an incredible job.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Seriously, the 70s shit was awesome. So great to see that makeup work.

Comment

• Is it weird that I enjoyed the 70's stuff so much more than the current day stuff?
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Roebuck looks great as Al. If Rob can reign in his wife this could be special since it's his favorite property.

Comment

Working...
                                X