No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll back up the claim I think you're going to make.

Spoiler: Lights please 

It's pretty and well designed. However, it feels like a TV mini-series that doesn't know where to stop. It drags at odds times and then rapidly speeds up for no solid reason. Any real sense of urgency or time is missing from every inch of the film.

Honestly, it's pretty drab storywise.

I'll go one further, it made me appreciate the Lynch movie more.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Troy gets it!

Edit again:
      Cliff notes!
      Cliff notes!
      Appreciated it, unfortunately didn
      Last edited by Jan; 09-16-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• I'm a longtime defender of the Lynch film. It's absolutely a failure but it's the best kind of failure: a director really, really going for it with about half of the ideas working beautifully and the other half falling flat.

More than anything, I appreciate the overall production design of the film...it really feels grand and other-worldly with a huge sense of scale.

Between the theatrical cut (which is too short and not fleshed out enough) and the Alan Smithee cut (which is a death march) is a really great cut of the film. I'm sure there's a fan cut of this somewhere and I'd like to see it someday.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan View Post
          Troy gets it!

Edit via Chrome:

Cliff notes, Chrome edition!
          Appreciated it, unfortunately didn
          I have no idea why you are having issues posting man. techs at vbulletin said if it was a system issue it would be affecting everyone and we're currently on the latest patched version.

They did suggest different browser, which I know you tried, but they also mentioned clearing cookies/cache and if you have any "saved" posts to just fully discard them.

Hopefully a combo of the above fixes it. I'll keep searching.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• This looks great.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

I have no idea why you are having issues posting man. techs at vbulletin said if it was a system issue it would be affecting everyone and we're currently on the latest patched version.

They did suggest different browser, which I know you tried, but they also mentioned clearing cookies/cache and if you have any "saved" posts to just fully discard them.

Hopefully a combo of the above fixes it. I'll keep searching.
              Yeah, not sure what’s been going on, but it’s been cutting some of my stuff off too
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• . Sorry guys. IT creed says if I can't replicate it, then it's a user issue. :/

Comment

• Don't worry and thanks for the effort mate!

Comment

• Bonus Spoiler for Dune: Khal Drogo looks oddly fat without a beard.

Comment

• I just like that most reviews are bitching about this flick and yet Denis feels the need to slam Marvel flicks. It's like, settle down guys. We can all have different things to like and not have to shit on others.

Comment

• I watched the Spice Diver fan edit of Lynch's effort and it did so much to fix a lot of the jarring cuts and pacing of the first half and made a valiant effort to add a more compelling argument in favor of what was filmed versus what was excised.

Granted, some things are patchworked in for audience in terms of expository explanation that to some will feel out of place, but I think the guy did a decent job at trying to fold it all in without taking you completely out of the film.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                          I watched the Spice Diver fan edit of Lynch's effort and it did so much to fix a lot of the jarring cuts and pacing of the first half and made a valiant effort to add a more compelling argument in favor of what was filmed versus what was excised.

Granted, some things are patchworked in for audience in terms of expository explanation that to some will feel out of place, but I think the guy did a decent job at trying to fold it all in without taking you completely out of the film.
                          Where can I get this?
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Never mind, found it on youtube.

Digging it a lot so far. Having the Bene Gesserit prophecy before the opening credits is genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

Where can I get this?
                              EDIT: I immediately linked that same one lol. Nevermind!
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I love Del Toro in theory. But in practice most of his shit leaves me cold. I can't remember the last movie of his that I actually liked? Maybe Blade 2? Maybe this will be awesome?

Comment

Working...
                                X