New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll totally check this out.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I am a sucker for a Ridley Scott swords and combat movie, so I was in already. Add in the fucking hair on Damon? Absolutely. Then to hear that Damon/Affleck wrote this together? Hell yeah. But, the BOTTLE BLONDE Affleck with a cropped cut? Fuck yes gimme this goddamn movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

I'll totally check this out.
        Wan doesn't do much for me beyond The Conjuring, but I will check this out. Seattle/PNW isn't used nearly enough in horror shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post

I am a sucker for a Ridley Scott swords and combat movie, so I was in already. Add in the fucking hair on Damon? Absolutely. Then to hear that Damon/Affleck wrote this together? Hell yeah. But, the BOTTLE BLONDE Affleck with a cropped cut? Fuck yes gimme this goddamn movie.
          Yeah, this shit's in my wheel house.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Comment

• I'm so on the fence with this if only because there is no guarantee we're even getting the second movie.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'm all in. That trailer confirms for me that the look, the style, and the overall tone are exactly what I was hoping for.

Momoa is going to own this movie.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Definitely seeing this as I'm a Dune fan from way back, but this film best make some bank opening weekend, as I'll be pissed if this doesn't get a Part 2.

Wish one of the streaming services would've done this as a series like Game of Thrones. Each season would adapt one book from the saga.

Comment

• So, Jen and I went to see Snake Eyes: GI Joe Origins last night and.... yeah, it's a film. The action/fight scenes are great, the story not so much. Tons of extraneous crap in the narrative that really needed to be jettisoned.

Spoiler: Spoilers! We've got Spoilers! 
                    If you're a fan of the Larry Hama written Marvel Comics, you're probably gonna have a bad time.
                    If you're a fan of the 80's cartoon, you're probably gonna have a bad time.
                    If you're a fan of the 2009 GI Joe film, you're probably gonna have a bad time.

Case in point: Snake Eyes' actions in the film, the betrayal he participates in, turned him into a major dick, so much so I was half hoping he was going to get killed by Storm Shadow, who would've been 100% within his rights to do so. Plus, Snake Eyes fails upwards. His actions lead to the Arishikage clan getting all but wiped out and losing their ninja headquarters (which looks to be somewhere outside Tokyo near a major highway, probably located next to a Friendly's - not where I'd expect a super secret Ninja organization that has been protecting the world for centuries to be). Do the surviving clan members kill him for his betrayal? Nah, here's full membership to the group, an invite to join GI Joe, two hot girls giving him the look of love, AND a swanky outfit and high-tech motorcycle. Storm Shadow? The guy who spent the whole film bearing the burden of being second in command of the clan, the guy who tried being a friend/brother to Snake Eyes when he needed one, and wanted to use the clan to make the world a better place? Uses the magic stone McGuffin device to try and kill the head bad guy that started all this, and gets kicked out of the clan as a result. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

The writers definitely pizzaed when they should've French fried.

Not for nothing, but if you ever played with the action figures when you were a kid, or like Ari probably does with his son, your storylines are 100% better than this film's was.

Comment

• I had read reviews saying Snake Eyes is totally the bad guy, which is interesting...but was it the intent? Probably not right? The action looks good and I like Golding so I was planning on seeing it when it's out of theaters.

Comment

• I'm going with "probably not", but it sure played out that way. Storm Shadow was a sweetheart of a guy, if a bit strict, by comparison.

Spoiler: Yooooooooooo Spoilers! 
                        Snake Eyes certainly acted like a bad guy, then you get the "change of heart" trope which kind of sort of kicks in once you see how he first switches gears. It's so telegraphed you could be in the next room, watching a totally different movie, and you'll still see it coming. It's the collateral damage he causes that would get him a lengthy prison term, if not a death penalty in some countries, if this was real life.

Comment

• This looks fun. More fun than Army at least.

Comment

• Cannot wait for The Green Knight. This is going to be Sarah's first visit since all the bullshit, and my second with Fast 9. We may go to Alamo for it, but are going to see what the ticket/spacing situation is.

Comment

• CANNOT FUCKING WAIT.

Comment

• Came to link that. Couple things I don't love, but fucking do not care. Give me this shit. Also, I wish Winston had picked up that phone.

Comment

Working...
                                X