New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Yep. WITH WHAT LOOKS LIKE MOST OF THE FUCKING KILLS.

like, there is absolutely no reason for me to watch this.
    What's stupid is this already prescreened a year or more ago for Festivals and Universal isn't editing or reshooting, so the entire film breakdown is online.

It's just super death Halloween II.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Dumb.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I loved the remake...but god I hope there's some insane swerve and that's why it feels like that was the WHOLE movie. Sarah wanted to watch the trailer and I was like noooo please don't.

Comment

• Unless Anderson is being coy, it sure as shit doesn't sound like there is some big twist.

Maybe the daughter will put on the mask and become the new Mike? *TWIST*

dumb.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I saw someone on twitter say Jamie Lee Curtis is in way less than the trailer makes it seem like? So maybe this is all first half, she dies, and then bunch more happens. Regardless I am sure I will enjoy it, but that was a LOT of gnarly kills I'd like saved for a crowd.

Comment

• A bunch of people get fucked up and killed. Going from memory, I'd say easily the highest body count in a Halloween movie to date.

Do you actually want me to spoil?
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• May as well. Halloween movies are pretty much "Michael escapes certain death from previous movie, kills people to get to Jamie Lee Curtis or whoever the hero is who may/may not have a familial link to Michael, hero gets away, Michael kills more people, maybe a surprise cameo/tip of the hat to an earlier film, Michael reaches the hero, final battle, Michael dies... (then he gets better when the next movie comes along - SHOCK ENDING!), or maybe the hero dies heroically, too. End credits while shitty song plays, cut to me walking out of the theater, bitching to my BFF that Jason Vorhees is better than Michael Myers and are we going to Monster Mania in August and do you wanna get some Five Guys on the way home, 'cause I'm in the mood for some of their french fries, dammit."

Not expecting any surprises at this point.

Comment

• Will there be more sandwich bantz?
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• spoil away.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      spoil away.
                      OK. Just checking backing in. Here goes.

Spoiler: Spoiler roundup, since I can't do details from memory. But I have someone that was at the just before COVID screenings. So I can get him up in a bit for the in-between details. 

29 deaths.
                      Laurie isn't the focal character.
                      Kyle Richards audio is shitty as Adult Lindsey Wallace, so that had to get fixed in Post. Not really a script note, but a follow-up to my original statement about limited to no reshoots.
                      Anthony Michael Hall is playing adult Tommy Doyle.
                      There is a flashback sequence with some questionable CG work that is going to piss people off.
                      What's weird as hell about this one is how much it leans on Halloween 4 as much as the first two movies.
                      I'd say out of the main characters including the people from the last movie. Maybe 3 out of 10 survive. Depending on your definition of main character, you could drop that down to 2.
                      There is a lot less trying to understand Michael this time and more we've got to shoot him, burn him, decapitate him, run him over, shit on the remains and then fire it to the Moon mentality.

Comment

• Is it going to leave things on a cliffhanger to the degree as the first round or is it something more in the moment?
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Considering the next (final?) Halloween film is Halloween Ends, I'm guessing cliffhanger for this one.

Comment

• Got in touch with the person I actually sent to the Toronto screening.

Spoiler: Here goes in detail 

Everyone played by a veteran actor that gets brought in dies except for Lindsey Wallace.
                            The shitty boyfriend from Halloween 2018 gets wrecked and they had to restage the shots 4 times to make sure it passed MPAA standard.

Judy Greer is the final death of the movie after Myers course corrects not to finish off Laurie and returns to kill her daughter.

The granddaughter and Greer are most of the focus of the movie, as JLC is in the hospital for 80% of the movie.

What is the big difference maker is that Myers flips out through the night and just starts destroying Haddonfield. Everyone that made a brief role in 2018 dies. Anyone from the Asylum that comes after him dies. Then, he starts just destroying the town.

The last show is of the Sheriff looking at Haddonfield burning and saying he hates Halloween.

Ends is basically going to be JLC vs. Michael, as JLC isn't even out of the hospital until damn near the end.

The implication that Ben Tramer is Greer's dad will continue.

The granddaughter ends up getting at least 6 people killed through her own ineptitude.

Survivors at end of film are: Angry and Fucked Up JLC, Granddaughter, little black kid whose babysitter got killed in 2018 and the Sheriff.
                            Everyone else is dead or damn near it.

My guy puts body count close to 40, I say it's right about 30.

Comment

• so they're not messing around with the 'Kills' in the title.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                so they're not messing around with the 'Kills' in the title.
                                No. It's like the draw of the movie.

They also tried to get Paul Rudd back, but he was still shooting Ghostbusters.

Not that matters in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                                X