New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah? It looked really good.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Ford V Ferrari is fantastic. Favorite movie of the year so far.
      Could have seen it today but wife's vehicle is acting up a bit and had to get it looked at.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It's better than good. The quality of the racing sequences cannot be overstated. Luckily, the movie surrounding those sequences is rock solid with excellent performances from everyone. Just an awesome time at the movies. The wife loved it too.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

It's better than good. The quality of the racing sequences cannot be overstated. Luckily, the movie surrounding those sequences is rock solid with excellent performances from everyone. Just an awesome time at the movies. The wife loved it too.

WANT SO MUCH.

Living in an area with one screen.

One.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

TERMINATOR: DARK FATE.

Not a terrible movie but not particularly good either. It's essentially a remake of the first film, but much more stupid. The CGI varies from competent to terrible, and a lot of the action sequences have that terrible weightlessness to them that ruins the immersion. Arnold is good (and delivers some funny lines) and actually has a compelling reason for being there that, in and of itself, would make for a much better movie than DF.

I much prefer T3: RISE OF THE MACHINES. It's an over-hated film that, some bad campy humor aside, is pretty solid on action, follows through on the premise/continuity of the prior entries, and has a great ending that actually makes you WANT to watch a future installment.

Remember the whole Salvation debacle? Original ending was Connor ending being the Terminator dude with his skin.

And it made total sense when you watch it. They chickened out and did a shit ending and them we got Genysys....

Comment

• KNIVES OUT: Very good, worth seeing. I don't think it's as good as the hype is making it out to be but it's better than it probably should be. Without spoiling anything, the film does a really clever job of playing with your expectations, both in terms of what you expect from a murder mystery AND what you expect from a Rian Johnson film.

FROZEN 2: From an animation standpoint, it's amazing. Just a gorgeous film. Everything else is pretty weak. The story isn't particularly good and cribs from a lot of diverse sources (including THE FIFTH ELEMENT of all things) and the songs are unmemorable, overdone, and pervasive to the point of exhaustion.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

FROZEN 2: From an animation standpoint, it's amazing. Just a gorgeous film. Everything else is pretty weak. The story isn't particularly good and cribs from a lot of diverse sources (including THE FIFTH ELEMENT of all things) and the songs are unmemorable, overdone, and pervasive to the point of exhaustion.

So Ruby Rhod is in Frozen 2?

Comment

• If only. The film needs something to make it super green.

Comment

• trailer hits Monday. Can't fucking wait.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Wait, what? Did I miss Diva Plavalaguna or something?
                      Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

trailer hits Monday. Can't fucking wait.
                      God I hope it doesn’t shit the bed.
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• It cant be any worse than lady gb

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X2m-08cOAbc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• that could be fun.

Comment

• This is the GTA movie we need.

Comment

• Wonder Woman 1984.
                                Dig everything beside Pine. He was useless in the first.

[URL] https://youtu.be/30FJvh0uqYQ[\URL]

Comment

Working...
                                X