No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      And that subway scene is great.
      OK, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this. that subway scene is a strobe light nightmare of confusion where you can't tell what's going on at all.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Whoa. Predator 2 is so much better than AvP.

Also, it has coked-up Gary Busey. AvP doesn't.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          He's a maniac, maniac on the flo-hoh...
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            I'd watch AVP any day of the week before watching P2 again. Hate hate hate hate HATE that movie.
            AVP is just so mediocre though in every possible way. It fails as a premise for the two monsters to get together and have a romp in the sheets and like all monster movies with these problems, relies on human characters that are more stereotypical sketches of an idea of a person. Nothing that happens to ANYBODY in it is of real consequence. Even though we spend the majority of our time with these interchangeable meatsacks, you can't tell me you can recall any of them in any significant way.

The predators all look like midget bodybuilders and can't fight for shit either (who wants to see a bunch of lame-ass rookie predators anyway?).

It was such a disappointment.

At least Predator 2 has all of the instantly recognizable LA stuntmen as druglord cannon fodder. They instantly had more charisma than anybody in AVP, and they all died without a line spoken.

While some sequences are indeed shot with both questionable lighting and blocking, there is still reverence for the monster when it shows up. The entire gambit by Busey and Co. is evidence of that much. It may not have been your cup o' Stan Winston, but some of the ideas on paper were at the very least interesting directions to take the creature mythos (even if it failed).

I was hyped as a youth when I saw the Predator shipmates arrive out of the mist and hand over the flintlock to Glover. Instantly added interest to the intergalactic hunters with little more than a closeup of a prop.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's probably the Stephen Hopkins factor that makes me hate P2 so much. McTiernan probably would have made the film work for me.
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Without a doubt. McTiernan would have made that warehouse sequence incredible.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• No question there.

It wasn't nearly as great as the original but it fleshed out the universe better in 5 mins then the entire AvP flick.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Predator 2 is fucking awesome in how in your face bad it is. I love it. I think it was one of the first movies I got to pick out to rent.

Comment

• I am embarrassed for this whole thing
                      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• That's gotta be worse than AVP

Had high hopes with Shane Black attached, sad
                        XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• I've watched every Predator, Alien and AvP flick many, many times. Not getting my expectations up, not gonna rail against the heavens if it stinks, as both franchises have hit "eh, why not" levels of movie-watching for me. The only decision I have is if I'll catch this as a matinee or wait til cable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post

I am embarrassed for this whole thing

This can't be real.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6Q7vVt-MeXk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6S9c5nnDd_s" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X