No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The soundtrack is also really good from what I hear.

That being said, I'm going to love it dominating the Box Office and the whining it spews.

I know one person who saw it and hates the book. Says that it stands on its own.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      fuck those self hating nerds. "IF YOU'RE NOT READING NON FICTION THEN FUCK YOU."

The book was fun and if Steven is behind it, then so am I. Glad to hear it's good. I'm pumped.
      I don't know anything about the nonfiction reading comment, but that book is dog shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Comment

• It's more a commentary that a junk food novel isn't worth reading which I find bullshit. I didn't find the book to be dog shit as many people say it is, but again, I wasn't reading it with a critical eye. Just my stoned eyes who enjoyed the story.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Junk food novels are fine. The book is just some fan fic shit that I can't believe went beyond Amazon self publishing. That's not a critical eye that's just a "holy fuck I guarantee this guy unironically still wears underoos to bed" eye.

Comment

• It was the right thing at the right time and it caught fire. It happens.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I don't really get that. I hope whoever goes to see it has a good time I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                The soundtrack is also really good from what I hear.

That being said, I'm going to love it dominating the Box Office and the whining it spews.

I know one person who saw it and hates the book. Says that it stands on its own.
                As starved as I am for some form of entertainment that doesn't involve superheroes, this above all else is a positive aspect for me to focus on. Even if it is anecdotal, I don't care anymore.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Junk food novels are fine. The book is just some fan fic shit that I can't believe went beyond Amazon self publishing. That's not a critical eye that's just a "holy fuck I guarantee this guy unironically still wears underoos to bed" eye.
                  You haven't read enough Amazon Self publishing.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

You haven't read enough Amazon Self publishing.

I have and it's a hair above prison letters on toilet paper.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• So Steven Spielberg enjoys toilet writing. Gotcha.

Comment

So Steven Spielberg enjoys toilet writing. Gotcha.
                        Well, he made Always. Not all of them are home runs.

Comment

• Guarantee there will be think-pieces opining about Ready Player One (a film with a white male in the lead) being a hit and A Wrinkle in Time (a film with a female black tween) bombs and how racist it all is... and conveniently ignoring how Black Panther will be 2018's biggest grossing film.

Take a lesson from Elizabeth Banks. Fuck facts!
                          Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 03-06-2018, 07:17 PM.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            Guarantee there will be think-pieces opining about Ready Player One (a film with a white male in the lead) being a hit and A Wrinkle in Time (a film with a female black tween) bombs and how racist it all is... and conveniently ignoring how Black Panther will be 2018's biggest grossing film.

Take a lesson from Elizabeth Banks. Fuck facts!

But, facts make me feel bad. I prefer quotas, group moderation and the velvet glove of tolerance squeezing my throat.

It's for my own good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              Well, he made Always. Not all of them are home runs.
                              Touche

Comment

• I still don't know how I got into seeing this early, but get screwed on other shit.

But, The Hurricane Heist is the movie Homer Simpson wrote for Ron Howard in that Simpsons episode.

It might be the daffiest, dumbest, pandering piece of shit ever made. Hell, it made me respect Rob Cohen. There is a degree of artistry in making something so bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X