No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-fDzdDfviLI?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And this is great, I don't know why they felt the need to make a full movie. I hope it's good, but again, I need some reviews from some people who I trust first.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• YO F BOTH OF THOSE

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I now want to know what movie you're talking about haha
        Orphan!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          Anyone else seeing Lights Out this weekend?
          If I had no children I would be. But it appears I'll be watching Secret life of pets instead. The 4 year old got to choose.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• STAR TREK BEYOND was fucking GREAT. We absolutely loved it, and I'd put it as the best of the Nu Trek films and probably in the top 3 of all of the Trek films.

Of note: don't pay for 3D, it's worthless for the most part. We did this in IMAX 3D and I hardly noticed it for the entire runtime.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
              Orphan!
              oh yeah, I remember that movie. Wasn't a fan.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                oh yeah, I remember that movie. Wasn't a fan.
                Sorry you're not an or-fan of Orphan.

Comment

• Still in the afterglow from seeing STAR TREK BEYOND. If I had to rank the films right now, I'd go:

1. STAR TREK 2: THE WRATH OF KHAN
                  2. STAR TREK FIRST CONTACT
                  3. STAR TREK BEYOND
                  4. STAR TREK 6: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY
                  5. STAR TREK 3: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK
                  6. STAR TREK (09)
                  7. STAR TREK 4: THE VOYAGE HOME
                  8. STAR TREK 5: THE FINAL FRONTIER
                  9. STAR TREK GENERATIONS
                  10. STAR TREK INSURRECTION
                  11. STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE
                  12. STAR TREK NEMESIS
                  13. STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS

If BEYOND holds up on a second viewing, I could see it moving to #2 without too much issue. It just hit all of the right buttons for me in every possible way.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Still in the afterglow from seeing STAR TREK BEYOND. If I had to rank the films right now, I'd go:

1. STAR TREK 2: THE WRATH OF KHAN
                    2. STAR TREK FIRST CONTACT
                    3. STAR TREK BEYOND
                    4. STAR TREK 6: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY
                    5. STAR TREK 3: THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK
                    6. STAR TREK (09)
                    7. STAR TREK 4: THE VOYAGE HOME
                    8. STAR TREK 5: THE FINAL FRONTIER
                    9. STAR TREK GENERATIONS
                    10. STAR TREK INSURRECTION
                    11. STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE
                    12. STAR TREK NEMESIS
                    13. STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS

If BEYOND holds up on a second viewing, I could see it moving to #2 without too much issue. It just hit all of the right buttons for me in every possible way.

That's really blowing a ton of smoke up Beyond's ass. It's good, but not that good.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Man, First Contact is still a bunch of fun. Zephram is the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                        That's really blowing a ton of smoke up Beyond's ass. It's good, but not that good.
                        I can see BEYOND being a 'your mileage may vary' type of film. For me, it just hit everything that I was wanting in a Star Trek film. The shine may wear off in time, but right now I'm still smiling pretty broadly about seeing it last night. I dug the shit out of it.

Comment

I can see BEYOND being a 'your mileage may vary' type of film. For me, it just hit everything that I was wanting in a Star Trek film. The shine may wear off in time, but right now I'm still smiling pretty broadly about seeing it last night. I dug the shit out of it.

Like the last Nu-Trek and the plans for Nu-Trek 4, it still felt like a retread.

When it worked, it worked. Elba went the fuck out of his way to make it work. But, so much just felt off.

Still, heads and shoulders above Into Darkness.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Very, very little felt off to me. There were a couple of obvious edits (probably for time) that might have fleshed out a couple of things a tad better, but nothing to get into a twist over.

The set pieces in this thing, though. Holy cow, are they good.
                            - The attack on the Enterprise, ending with its destruction (it's in the trailers so I'm not spoiling anything) is superb. It's conceived and executed to perfection.
                            - The Kirk/Chekov sequence later on when they go back looking for the McGuffin (I won't say where as it's spoilery) is also fantastic. The set design is utterly convincing.
                            - The climactic battle at the end take full advantage of three dimensional space in an effective manner, giving me things that I haven't seen before.

The one divisive element that I could maybe see coming up will be the use of a certain element to defeat the enemy. If handled incorrectly, it would sink the film (and I suspect that it could for some people). For me, it worked...and it also worked very well in my theater. It's also a fun callback to the first film. The cast sells its usage with some funny lines, too.

Whatever, I dug it immensely. Lots of fun, very entertaining across the board without any really bad plot holes (there are a few, but nothing egregious).

Comment

Very, very little felt off to me. There were a couple of obvious edits (probably for time) that might have fleshed out a couple of things a tad better, but nothing to get into a twist over.

The set pieces in this thing, though. Holy cow, are they good.
                              - The attack on the Enterprise, ending with its destruction (it's in the trailers so I'm not spoiling anything) is superb. It's conceived and executed to perfection.
                              - The Kirk/Chekov sequence later on when they go back looking for the McGuffin (I won't say where as it's spoilery) is also fantastic. The set design is utterly convincing.
                              - The climactic battle at the end take full advantage of three dimensional space in an effective manner, giving me things that I haven't seen before.

The one divisive element that I could maybe see coming up will be the use of a certain element to defeat the enemy. If handled incorrectly, it would sink the film (and I suspect that it could for some people). For me, it worked...and it also worked very well in my theater. It's also a fun callback to the first film. The cast sells its usage with some funny lines, too.

Whatever, I dug it immensely. Lots of fun, very entertaining across the board without any really bad plot holes (there are a few, but nothing egregious).
                              My favorite things about the movie were the roly poly people, the back story for Elba and the dynamics of the Yorktown. Everything else felt very average.

Comment

• Does it at least live up to the original reboot?

Comment

Working...
                                X