New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
    Something like that. Or, as common fodder, Tatum inked a "Pay or Play" deal on Gambit and Fox saw it wiser to put him in something else of theirs than simply pay his (expensive) fee for nothing. That's the only reason Jack the Giant Killer got made, for example.

And, that's what happened here.

Also that Ehrenreich kid from Hail Caesar snatching away Han Solo at the last minute is pretty stunning. Looking forward to what he does with it.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• what was the pay/play deal for JACK THE GIANT KILLER?
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        what was the pay/play deal for JACK THE GIANT KILLER?

Either Singer got one more movie at WB to direct or he got a check for doing nothing.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Ah, for Singer. I was wondering what actor it might have applied for. I don't see Hoult having that kind of power yet, so I was confused.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Singer was signed on to produce/direct the Superman Returns sequel for June 2009, and no matter what they had to pay the agreed upon fee (which was like, $15M).

So when that didn't happen (a whole 'nother story), they basically told him, "OK, which one of these projects do you want to make?" which included that Excalibur remake, this and something else that escapes me at the moment.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• LOGAN'S RUN, maybe? I know he was attached to that for a while.

Comment

• He literally has that entire film made up in pre-viz and sitting around on his hard-drive. *Insert joke here*

That kinda fell to the waste-side when WB was hot for him to do Man of Steel (the Returns sequel) ASAP and he was flirting with getting The Mayor of Castro Street going.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                  He literally has that entire film made up in pre-viz and sitting around on his hard-drive. *Insert joke here*

That kinda fell to the waste-side when WB was hot for him to do Man of Steel (the Returns sequel) ASAP and he was flirting with getting The Mayor of Castro Street going.

and now he's the John Glen of X-Men Films.

Comment

• 4 more Avatar sequels coming. Apparently all stand alone that come together as one or some shit. CANNOT FUCKING WAIT
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

4 more Avatar sequels coming. Apparently all stand alone that come together as one or some shit. CANNOT FUCKING WAIT

At the rate that Cameron moves, you're going to be 80 when he finishes...so good luck on the waiting.

Comment

• Works for me. I don't even care. I loved the first movie.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Those movies are never getting made.

He's going to get a whiff of VR and decide to make the first VR movies.

Then make it some interactive ride in VR.

Then a hologram.

Comment

• All of those still work for me.

Comment

• At the end of the day, as long as Rerb has a VR Avatar to look at whilst he plows away at this....
                              then he's good.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• This thread is full of win today.
                                I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Working...
                                X