No announcement yet.

STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Interesting points from both sides here - well done, you guys!

1) I'd also postulate that Luke's presence on Death Star II was instrumental to the Rebel's victory. The showdown with Vader and the Emperor kept them distracted enough so neither one could A) bark out new orders/strategies to fuck up the Rebels (or y'know, blow up Endor's moon), and B) get to an escape ship when things started to go pear-shaped thanks to the rebels shutting down the base on Endor so Lando could do his thing. Luke knew going in this was a suicide mission for him - he even told the Emperor he'd be dead soon, but he was taking Palpatine with him.

2) Luke WAS on the journey to becoming a Jedi in the first film. He wouldn't be full-fledged until he confronted Vader in Episode 6 (hell, Yoda even told Luke that before he became one with the Force), true, but thanks to Obi-Wan and things like Luke's initial training with the lightsaber and remote in Episode 4, Obi-Wan's spirit giving him advice during Luke's Death Star trench run, and so on, he was probably at pre-Padawan status by the start of Episode 5. Once Luke got his ass to Dagobah, prodded by Obi-Wan, Yoda started his education proper (padawan with a Jedi Master of Yoda's level teaching him - talk about a Jedi Golden Ticket). "Too old", sure, but in the short amount of time he was with Yoda, Luke must've been as close to a Jedi as he could get at that point if he could go toe-to-toe with Vader (Luke was obviously a prodigy, thanks to his old man and them midichlorians he pumped into Padme after their wedding. Leia probably was also one, by that reckoning, since Yoda and Obi-Wan referred to her as such). Yeah, Vader punked his ass, but Luke was pretty much set on the Jedi path by then.

3) Blowing up Yavin 4 in the first film very likely would have ended the Rebellion right then and there, at least from a morale standpoint. Yeah, Alderaan got wiped out first, but blowing up a big Rebel base, and the planet it was on as well, would've shocked the hell out of every other Rebel base in the galaxy. How the hell do you stop something that blows up planets?

Also, far as I know, the plans for the Death Star never got past the Rebel Command on Yavin 4. If the planet got wiped out, so did the plans. Other rebel bases probably would've said "fuck this shit" and hauled ass to the Outer Rim or fucked off to another galaxy far, far away.

Last edited by Timothy225; 11-21-2015, 04:33 AM.

Comment

• Here's the thing about Luke: while he wasn't OFFICIALLY A Jedi Knight until Return, he was one by the time he blew up the Star.

As for the side mission with Leia, you may think this shit way too much. At least compared to Lucas back then. The way it's a entire galaxy and yet everyone important is related to the same 4 bloodlines, I think it was just lazy storytelling to send Leia vs having a valid tactical reason. Just sayin.

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        He emotionally manipulated Palpatine's bottom bitch into throwing his ass down a reactor shaft.
        That's how I see it.

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        By that rationale, Russia won the European Theater in WWII.
        Well... If the war would have continued, yeah, the Allies would have been smacked by Russia, land-wise.

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        Interesting points from both sides here - well done, you guys!

1) I'd also postulate that Luke's presence on Death Star II was instrumental to the Rebel's victory. The showdown with Vader and the Emperor kept them distracted enough so neither one could A) bark out new orders/strategies to fuck up the Rebels (or y'know, blow up Endor's moon), and B) get to an escape ship when things started to go pear-shaped thanks to the rebels shutting down the base on Endor so Lando could do his thing. Luke knew going in this was a suicide mission for him - he even told the Emperor he'd be dead soon, but he was taking Palpatine with him.

2) Luke WAS on the journey to becoming a Jedi in the first film. He wouldn't be full-fledged until he confronted Vader in Episode 6 (hell, Yoda even told Luke that before he became one with the Force), true, but thanks to Obi-Wan and things like Luke's initial training with the lightsaber and remote in Episode 4, Obi-Wan's spirit giving him advice during Luke's Death Star trench run, and so on, he was probably at pre-Padawan status by the start of Episode 5. Once Luke got his ass to Dagobah, prodded by Obi-Wan, Yoda started his education proper (padawan with a Jedi Master of Yoda's level teaching him - talk about a Jedi Golden Ticket). "Too old", sure, but in the short amount of time he was with Yoda, Luke must've been as close to a Jedi as he could get at that point if he could go toe-to-toe with Vader (Luke was obviously a prodigy, thanks to his old man and them midichlorians he pumped into Padme after their wedding. Leia probably was also one, by that reckoning, since Yoda and Obi-Wan referred to her as such). Yeah, Vader punked his ass, but Luke was pretty much set on the Jedi path by then.

3) Blowing up Yavin 4 in the first film very likely would have ended the Rebellion right then and there, at least from a morale standpoint. Yeah, Alderaan got wiped out first, but blowing up a big Rebel base, and the planet it was on as well, would've shocked the hell out of every other Rebel base in the galaxy. How the hell do you stop something that blows up planets?

Also, far as I know, the plans for the Death Star never got past the Rebel Command on Yavin 4. If the planet got wiped out, so did the plans. Other rebel bases probably would've said "fuck this shit" and hauled ass to the Outer Rim or fucked off to another galaxy far, far away.
        Tim said it best. Sorry, I'm night shift, so my brain is mush. Also, it wasn't elaborated until later, but at that point, the main Rebel base WAS Yavin 4.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I love you guys,
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• We love you, too, ya scruffy-looking nerf herder!

Now, on to my theory that BB-8 is the secret love child of R2-D2 and the Power Droid/Gonk from the Sandcrawler in Episode 4, and why Rey is half-Jawa... hey, where ya going? I HAVE A POWER POINT PRESENTATION!

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                      Perfect.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post

"Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X