STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What story?

Trevorrow or however you spell his name is about as milquetoast a director as you're going to find.

I wonder who will take Kennedy's strap-on...on?
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• CLINT HOWARD.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• He'd take it all and then some.

The Ice Cream Man COMETH
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• The real issue here is Kennedy. Can't fire that many directors on your watch and plead innocence.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            I disliked JW. Hated the feel of it. I've heard that THE BOOK OF HENRY is wretched.

Whatever. Just bad vibes.
            Yeah, I actively hate Jurassic World now. And I read a big spoiler breakdown of Book of Henry and it sounds abysmal.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              The real issue here is Kennedy. Can't fire that many directors on your watch and plead innocence.
              That's one way of looking at it. Another way is she hired them to execute a specific vision on a multi-billion dollar property and they didn't do what she asked to her satisfaction.
              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                The real issue here is Kennedy. Can't fire that many directors on your watch and plead innocence.
                I sort of agree. At some point they just need to be honest and say "We just want someone that will have no vision, and will follow a series of checklists"
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  I sort of agree. At some point they just need to be honest and say "We just want someone that will have no vision, and will follow a series of checklists"
                  Like Rian Johnson?

I get what you're saying Rob, but it's not like Kubrick's resurrected ghost got kicked off the project. It was the dude that's made one passable blockbuster and two sort of shitty indie films.

They just shelled out 4 billion dollars for Star Wars. They're going to be sort of risk averse for a bit.
                  Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• See, I don't understand using Johnson as some kind of counter point.

He's saying everything is going just fine. He's supposed to say that. Edwards, L&M and Trevorrow did too before their ousters - apparently the latter did, in fact, quit after his writing partner was shown the door. And Abrams certainly had his battles, which I get. So much was riding on The Force Awakens - both his and Kennedy's necks were on the line there. Of course there was tension. The less said about Trank's sorry ass, the better.

But let's just see how The Last Jedi turns out first.

At least nobody is stupidly throwing the sexism card... unlike other at DERP.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                      Like Rian Johnson?

I get what you're saying Rob, but it's not like Kubrick's resurrected ghost got kicked off the project. It was the dude that's made one passable blockbuster and two sort of shitty indie films.

They just shelled out 4 billion dollars for Star Wars. They're going to be sort of risk averse for a bit.
                      Oh for sure but with this and the Han Solo bullshit it feels like maybe they should take their time instead of "1 MOVIE A YEAR" or at the very least hire people that have the same vision.

Comment

• As for Rian Johnson. Meh. his shit leaves me cold and I honestly don't like any of his films. I know I'm in the minority but holy hell is Looper shitty and fuck Brick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          As for Rian Johnson. Meh. his shit leaves me cold and I honestly don't like any of his films. I know I'm in the minority but holy hell is Looper shitty and fuck Brick.
                          I was just amused that the same neck-beard dweebs who picked apart Prometheus and The Dark Knight Rises in the most nit-picky bullshit manner that same summer praised Looper to the high Heavens... and that is a film that doesn't hold up to scrutiny. At all.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Looper falls apart under the weight of its own stupidity.

Comment

• No joke. It's two different scripts that couldn't be developed enough, so they were spliced together. Sloppy as fuck.

But.. it does have an all-time great body-horror scene.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• yeah, it didn't know what it wanted it to be and just hoped the audience would go along for the ride. As soon as I saw that stupid nose on JGL I was already on the fence but then the opening bullshit monologue helped seal the deal. I did like Dillahunt in it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X