STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    I could watch RO, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, Mando and nothing else SW for the rest of my life.
    Kind of leaning towards this. I'll admit, though, there are scenes/sequences in both the Prequel and Sequel trilogies that I don't mind rewatching (the big lightsaber battle in Phantom Menace, for example. And Luke's final stand in Last Jedi - never get tired of that little brush off Luke does after he's shot at by Ren's forces).

Comment

• My problem with SW is my lack of a problem.

Basically, the OT and its trappings are the only thing I care about.

I appreciate the Classic Serial leanings of the PT and I appreciate what the ST tries to do.

But, at the end of the day...I don't really give a shit about them.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        I could watch RO, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, Mando and nothing else SW for the rest of my life.

Same.

But let’s see what comes next.

Any truth to the KOTOR and Keanu rumor?
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_tpTOwXVu8g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Lucas wanted to have 100 episodes, each an hour long. The problem is that the episodes were going to cost 50 million dollars each. Lucasfilm didn't have that kind of money. They were trying to invent new technology which would allow them to radically bring costs down. Allow them to shoot an hour of VFX-driven storytelling in a cyberpunk city on a budget closer to 5-10 million. Star Wars has always been suited to longform TV storytelling. It's why Clone Wars works so well. But Lucas and his team dreamed of being able to have VFX as good as -- actually better than -- something like Revenge of the Sith, but with a much lower budget and several hours to tell each story arc.

The test footage isn't a great film, but it's not supposed to be. It's a tech demo showing how they could create these amazing looking environments and blend actors into them. There's also some really interesting intimacy to the camera work, and the instant replay means that they know how it's going to look as they're shooting it. A really, really impressive tech demo. Supposedly some of the scripts for SW: Underworld were really, really good. Corey Balrog has said he got to read some of the scripts:

“Probably the really small beginnings of this idea, the germination of this — when I was working at Lucas, I was allowed to go up to the ranch and read the scripts for the [canceled live-action Star Wars] TV show. It was the most mind-blowing thing I’d ever experienced. I cared about the Emperor. They made the Emperor a sympathetic figure who was wronged by this fucking heartless woman. She’s this hardcore gangster, and she just totally destroyed him as a person. I almost cried while reading this. This is the Emperor, the lightning out of the fingers Emperor. That’s something magical. The writers who worked on that, guys from The Shield and 24, these were excellent writers”

The StageCraft technology is a bit of a successor to this tech, I think. Except StageCraft has a circular screen that displays Unreal 4 visuals and the lighting on the set matches the visuals, which is great. This tech is seen in stuff like Oblivion, Interstellar, The Mandalorian.
            neat.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• “I almost cried while reading this.”

Get it together. Jesus.

That tech demo does sound really cool though.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• that demo reel is very impressive.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Heads up: they released TROS early on streaming. You can get it now.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Already ahead of you hahah. Let's see if I still hate it

Comment

• Best of luck opening the Ark of the Hacks.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I still havent seen solo. DGAF
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Honestly, it plays better on rewatch. We watched it again on the cruise (they were playing it on the Star Wars day at sea) and while it's not a 'good' movie, it's an 'entertaining' movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            Honestly, it plays better on rewatch. We watched it again on the cruise (they were playing it on the Star Wars day at sea) and while it's not a 'good' movie, it's an 'entertaining' movie.

I love Ron Howard.

But, my problem with Solo remains. It feels like the film equivalent of a lesser EU book.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                              I still havent seen solo. DGAF
                              Honestly not that bad. Rewatched over Xmas and it's fun. Better than the last movie by far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                I love Ron Howard.

But, my problem with Solo remains. It feels like the film equivalent of a lesser EU book.
                                I was talking about TROS, not SOLO.

SOLO is completely flat and tries to hard to explains shit about the character that didn't need explaining. Also, he's flat out NOT a hero before ANH. His arc in ANH and TESB is in becoming a hero.

Comment

Working...
                                X