STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that basically sums up the up whole movie
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      there was a throwaway exchange that explained that.

Something like
      Finn: 'Let's just do the Holdo maneuver'
      Poe: 'No, that was one in a million. We can't do that again.'

And that's it. Just a handwave explanation.

That’s even worse. Program some bots and do it. Nope!
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Well, I still liked it. Even with all the issues (the Holdo maneuver redux as an option? Fuck to the yes, and was disappointed they blew that off, especially if it would've taken out half the fleet. And don't get me started on all those blind hyperspace jumps Poe was doing - IT'S WHY YOU HAVE NAV COMPUTERS, YO!).

It was an adequate ending, but it could've been so much better. Germs of great ideas that didn't have room to grow because there was way too much stuff thrown in. Total agreement - the return of Palpatine could've been a movie in and of itself, with Rey and Ren trying to either prevent it or make it happen. Shit, it'd give Hux something to do - he hated Ren so much that he'd throw in with some Sith wannabes and they'd find a way to resurrect the Emperor, and give him the First Order or some such.

Comment

• Pretty much how I feel, Tim. I'm content with the movie and don't hate it, but I can't say that it stuck the landing entirely. Individual moments/scenes are great but it never really comes together because of the immense amount of narrative ground that needs to be covered in 2.5 hours.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Total agreement, Matt. The story could've been streamlined quite a bit without losing anything as well as answering a lot of questions if they took a slightly different tack.

Ah, well. At least, with the main saga finished, the Star Wars sandbox is now open for business. Gimme that Darth Maul/Qi'ra/Black Sun/Shadow Collective film. Some standalone Jedi and Sith films or TV shows.

Oh, and put Jon Favreau in charge of all the things. Kid knows what he's doing.

Comment

• Fucking hated it.

To each their own.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                Pretty much how I feel, Tim. I'm content with the movie and don't hate it, but I can't say that it stuck the landing entirely. Individual moments/scenes are great but it never really comes together because of the immense amount of narrative ground that needs to be covered in 2.5 hours.

Hence my newfound hatred of Last Jedi. It paved the way to this shitshow, narratively speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  Oh, and put Jon Favreau in charge of all the things. Kid knows what he's doing.

Yeah, I'm thinking he or Dave Filoni need to be to Star Wars what Kevin Fiege is to Marvel. Someone to make an overall plan so that every director doesn't just yank the story over to whatever they want it to be, only for the next guy to yank it back all haphazardly.
                  "Can't you just magic it away?"
                  "No, no more than you can just 'science' it away."

Xbox Live & PSN Tag: wydren

Comment

• I dunno. We just binged THE MANDALORIAN over the weekend and we were not impressed at all. The concept is very, very solid but the execution is simply not good (apart from the fairly well done finale).
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Matt, WTF?

I think I’ll go back to the Unknown Regions....

Comment

• Originally posted by wydren View Post
                        Yeah, I'm thinking he or Dave Filoni need to be to Star Wars what Kevin Fiege is to Marvel. Someone to make an overall plan so that every director doesn't just yank the story over to whatever they want it to be, only for the next guy to yank it back all haphazardly.
                        Total agreement, 100%. For a juggernaut franchise like Star Wars, just like Marvel, it needs a guiding hand to keep it's (star) ships in the same direction. Favreau and/or Filoni are easily up to the task.

Matt, gotta respectfully disagree. Loved, loved, loved the Mandalorian as it ticked off most, if not all, of the things I dig about not only Star Wars, but sci-fi in general, plus leaves things wide open for character development. I mean, I want to see and know more about Greef, Cara (I'm definitely into Gina Carano's performance, and want to see her character get more screen time) and I've been following Giancarlo Esposito's work since The Usual Suspects, and he's fucking gold in Jett (which, if you haven't seen that show, get on that shit. NOW.).

Comment

• Guys, If Matt hates it then all is right with the world. :-)
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Also, those two scout troopers from the beginning of the last ep of Mandalorian? Totally Rob and Ceej, 'cept, I hope, without the punching.

Comment

• Troy, any troof from the rumor that JJ got fucked by the Mouse big time?

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...ejjcut-disney/

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Troy, any troof from the rumor that JJ got fucked by the Mouse big time?

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/...ejjcut-disney/

It's 100% correct.

Disney is going to end up eating shit on this one because WB is going to manipulate the Bad Robot situation to help get this leaked online.

One way or another, don't be shocked if come Oscar time segments start appearing at random places.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X