No announcement yet.

STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord and Miller just walked. Officially.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ectors-1015419
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• There goes my hope for that one. How long until Trevorow is gone now?

Comment

• Trevorrow might be the guy to step in and help them finish Solo.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          Trevorrow might be the guy to step in and help them finish Solo.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Trevorrow might be the guy to step in and help them finish Solo.

It's looking 90% likely that this will happen.

This isn't Rogue One Part Deux, this is a Terminator Salvation situation.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              It's looking 90% likely that this will happen.

This isn't Rogue One Part Deux, this is a Terminator Salvation situation.
              What exactly are you hearing? What went wrong that they had to bail on the movie after 4 months of filming?
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                What exactly are you hearing? What went wrong that they had to bail on the movie after 4 months of filming?

What I've got so far, since I've had to spew this out at a few places already.

1. Lord & Miller had a good script, but they weren't the directors for the job.
                2. Massive fighting with second unit, Disney execs and production team.
                3. Confusion over live-action massive FX.
                4. Disney wanted re-writes late due to tonal inconsistency.
                5. Harrelson giving them shit.
                6. A lot of the talk uses buzzwords like Going Too Small on a Star Wars movie.
                7. Basically, this isn't Edgar Wright leaving Ant-Man or Gareth Edwards getting reworked on Rogue One. This is a director team that bit off more than they can chew.
                8. The film is 80% done. So, whomever slides in is going to cause a DGA nightmare.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• But, SONY could've warned Disney about these guys. They're known to be zero planners and short-term use.

If you feel like doing some reading, look up how many times they nearly got fired off Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

Comment

• All Trevorrow has to do is help them wrap production (not that it's such an easy thing...) He's already in the UK prepping Episode IX which doesn't start filming till January.

Afterwards, Kennedy & Co. will help in fully and reassemble/reshoot the fuck outta it, like Rogue One.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

All Trevorrow has to do is help them wrap production (not that it's such an easy thing...) He's already in the UK prepping Episode IX which doesn't start filming till January.

Afterwards, Kennedy & Co. will help in fully and reassemble/reshoot the fuck outta it, like Rogue One.
                      Here's one thing I love about film nerds and their masters in Film Twitter.

They will shit all over Kevin Smith for being incompetent. But, he's not landing jobs out of his wheelhouse.

Yet, when Wright, Edwards and Lord/Miller do it...it's big bad Disney out to get them. I saw one stupid shit on FB decrying how this is a PR nightmare for Lucasfilm. Bullshit. Nobody in the paying audiences know what a Lord/Miller is or does.

This is an end of the production nightmare that can get fixed because Lucasfilm and Disney are businesses that have to cope with artistic flakes. This is manageable. It's not as manageable as Rogue One, as Kennedy kept most of those stories out of the press.

But, fuck...the average asshole online still knows jack and shit about this movie.

Comment

• Also, who the fuck was suggesting Lawrence Kasdan? That motherfucker couldn't shoot one of the Classic Trilogy much less a modern FX driven movie.

Shit, Darling Companion seemed a little bit much for him.

Comment

Here's one thing I love about film nerds and their masters in Film Twitter.

They will shit all over Kevin Smith for being incompetent. But, he's not landing jobs out of his wheelhouse.

Yet, when Wright, Edwards and Lord/Miller do it...it's big bad Disney out to get them. I saw one stupid shit on FB decrying how this is a PR nightmare for Lucasfilm. Bullshit. Nobody in the paying audiences know what a Lord/Miller is or does.

This is an end of the production nightmare that can get fixed because Lucasfilm and Disney are businesses that have to cope with artistic flakes. This is manageable. It's not as manageable as Rogue One, as Kennedy kept most of those stories out of the press.

But, fuck...the average asshole online still knows jack and shit about this movie.
                          They read a blog so they know everything in their minds.

I don't pretend to know Goddamn everything when it comes to film production and studio politics. But I guarantee you I have a better grasp of it than... 90% of the mouth-breathers posing as writers today. There's a reason why the Fast & Furious producer was actively out to have my balls on a platter.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

They read a blog so they know everything in their minds.

I don't pretend to know Goddamn everything when it comes to film production and studio politics. But I guarantee you I have a better grasp of it than... 90% of the mouth-breathers posing as writers today. There's a reason why the Fast & Furious producer was actively out to have my balls on a platter.
                            I figured you wanted strange men to want your balls.

Comment

I figured you wanted strange men to want your balls.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• So this sounds like a bummer. I dig Lord and Miller.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X