No announcement yet.

Pacific Rim aka the Mecha vs Godzilla Fap Fap Thread. SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a sequel with different environments. Desert wrestling, mountain climbing, iceberg throwing! Oh my!

Comment

• Forked out that 3d cash y'all.

It was good. Charlie Day was my favorite character by a longshot. Loved the failed "Lets Do This!!" handshake moment between him and the other scientist dude. Special FX were incredible. Lots of funny moments, one of my fave was during the Hong Kong battle when they very gently knock over like a street post or something at the end of the harbour after demolishing every other single thing in their path and it just makes a little *ting* noise and scares off a seagull. Sadly the effect was lessened when they reuse the game gag moments later when punching into an office building and gently hitting the ball of the Newtons Cradle. Wish the Russian jaeger got to do more instead of just get fucked up in seconds.

Loved moments.. did not love the movie. Perlman's character, while I appreciate the idea of kaiju black market worldbuilding, was pointless to the plot and felt more like GDT just getting his buddy a paycheck after realizing they need more hoo-man times outside of Shatterdome. And the revelation he gives about the neural handshake going both ways and the kaiji looking for Charlie was completely abandoned after Hong Kong anyway, so wtf. As everyone said Hunnam was.. not bad but not particularly charismatic and could have been better cast.

The kaiju fights were the selling point, and while much easier to follow than Bayformers but I didn't find any of them particularly creative or engaging - like someone else said why would you not break out a 10000 foot sword IMMEDIATELY rather than punching and throwing kaiju into buildings. They only inventive thing they did was use that giant boat like a sword for a few swings but even then, THEY HAD ACTUAL SWORDS WHY NOT USE THOSE? Or why not open up with the plasma cannon and shoot them from across town instead of waiting until your enjoying a kaiju teabag.

Those are the kind of "well I would do THIS" nitpicks I normally hate to even entertain, but even that aside I just don't feel this was a CLASSIC movie or even an especially great movie that I need to go out and see again or pick up day 1 on blu. I wouldn't even call it my favorite GDT movie.

But it had moments
      XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Rim's China opening night is the biggest ever in China. A sequel is more than likely coming.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Not really. That is Finke trying to grab headlines. Its underperformed or flopped in just about every other major territory that isn't Asia.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Which is a small market.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
              Which is a small market.
              Chinese people are short, Russ.
              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• But their eggrolls KICK ASS!
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Man I want some Filipino egg rolls now. Fucker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                    Which is a small market.
                    5000 screens in china.... And Finke isnt the only one reporting this...
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'll take a sequel if that means we will get a decent script this time.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        5000 screens in china.... And Finke isnt the only one reporting this...
                        They're just reporting what she said.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          I'll take a sequel if that means we will get a decent script this time.
                          No chance. The first one proved that all you need is spectacle and people will lap it up. If this gets a sequel, we aint getting a Godfather 2.
                          Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Shit, I'd take House Party 2 levels.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• PACIFIC RIM 2: THE MISSING SHOE BOOGALOO
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Shit, I'd take House Party 2 levels.
                                Give me a Basket Case 2. Put the lead in a total disadvantage, up the freaks by a factor of 12, and make the ending even bleaker.

Comment

Working...
                                X