Pacific Rim aka the Mecha vs Godzilla Fap Fap Thread. SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    It was just Jax, Stringer Bell, Knives Chau, Clay, and Charlie.
    Wrong actress, wrong nationality, wrong age. Should've gone with Bang Bang from 'The Brothers Bloom'.
    sigpic
    360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• it was just the hair. Never saw Brothers Bloom.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        It was....okay.

First the good: Every single fucking fight scene was aces. Everything with Charlie from It's Always Sunny was aces. Everything with Pearlman was aces. The first 15 mins was aces. The last battle was aces. The Hong Kong sequence was amazing. The 3d was killer.

The bad: Everything else. Charlie Hunamm was just playing Jax from Sons, Knives Chau (don't remember her name she was that bad) was fucking annoying, Stringer Bell couldn't even give a rousing speech (it's bad when Bill Pullman is more convincing), the story beats were so eh that it felt like we've seen this movie a thousand times before (because we have)
        That's a bingo.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Why didn't they make one of the robots look like a giant pro wrestler.... that's what Krang would have done.
          You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

• *sadjackface.jpg*
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Seems like I FUCKING loved it.

Matt's assessment was spot on, but overall, wow. That's a future classic. And that rock theme was so great.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• My main issue with the characters? The only ones that you end up giving a damn about are the Aussies. For whatever reason, that father/son dynamic worked like gangbusters for me, and the 'goodbye' scene between the two provided the only genuine emotion in the entire film. Otherwise, it's a passive experience where you sit back and watch some fantastic CGI.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I've lost all interest in seeing this. Elysium is my last hope to salvage an incredibly disappointing summer.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm all about GRAVITY.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Too bad that didn't come out this summer. Why the shit do I gotta wait until Rocktober?
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Russ: PR is worth seeing in the theater on the big screen. You'll be pissed if the first time that you see it is on blu ray. It has a definite WOW factor about it that honestly deserves the biggest presentation possible.

Comment

• Yeah you're probably right about the wow factor.

It's down to the whole "every beat has been done before" coupled with the lack of anything approaching a fleshed out character spells doom to my personal hype train.

Maybe that's a good thing.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Lowered expectations are a GOOD thing with PR. Don't get me wrong...I enjoyed it for what it was, but the hyperbolic OMG THIS WILL BE THE BEST FILM EVER MADE CURE CANCER thing was way out of hand.

Comment

• The World's End is going to be movie of the summer.

Comment

• I'd say the character I enjoyed the most was Mako Mori. It helps that Kikuchi is probably giving the best performance in the film (I'm still waiting for the Elba movie crossover role), but I dug her story the most.

The lead character is fine, but Hunnam just made me think of a cut-rate Channing Tatum.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X