Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    I loved it so much, that I hate its failures
    I can live with that. I'm not expecting perfection.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

What is good is great. However, there are sections of the movie that are so fucking dumb.
      And remember... the script was AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL Goyer (according to Goyer!)

Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Yes and?

Some of his efforts can eat dickbuttbags, but more often than not, I've enjoyed what Goyer's done.

Then there's Blade: Trinity. It is the first Dark Knight Rises.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I dont' get the Goyer hate. Except for Blade 3. That is just balls.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Blade vs. Dracula with swords, what could go wrong?
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• ERRYTHANG
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Apparently a lot.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Totes.

Comment

• I've got to let it out somewhere, I'm embargoed until Thurs night for print...but I can gab away now.

Spoiler: Spoilers 

The Krypton stuff is a wonderful pastiche of John Byrne's Man of Steel and the World of Krypton mini-series. I loved it and it really worked for me. I didn't even mind the major changes. Krypton still explodes which is fucking essential for me.

That being said, this movie needed a competent editor like no one's fucking business. So many scenes were kicked in the nuts by the inability to build from beat to beat. Plus, it seemed like Snyder was trying to out JJ Abrams at points with the lens flare.

They fucked up most of the Phantom Zone. No one outside of Zod gets a personality outside of that crew. That being said, Michael Shannon shines with the role until they get to the Third Act and Goyer had to scramble to end it.

If anything, it's a carbon copy of Batman Begins with a few Dark Knight moments. What it gets right, it gets right. But, what it gets wrong is so fucking stupid that it kept me from really loving the movie.

The whole arc with Jonathan Kent starts strong and then goes so hard off the tracks that it's almost like Kevin Costner pissed someone off.

Russell Crowe does all the heavy lifting and shines for it. Cavill did a lot better than I expected, but I need a second movie to become convinced. They borrowed a lot of elements from past media presentations. You hear the 1950s swoosh when he flies, you get Golden Age comic poses at times and there's a few homages to past decades.

I spotted the LexCorp logo about 4 times in the film. Plus, I saw the WGBS building and a brief glimpse of Hypersector.

The changes didn't bother me (Jenny Olsen, the Fortress of Solitude is a colonial starship and Kryptonite being more of an atmospheric condition). However, when the script blows character moments or tried to turn Supes into Batman...it fucking tanks.

That being said, I could see a sequel with a different writer knocking it out of the park. Bigger than The Dark Knight. This simply won't be that movie. It gets close, then shits the bed.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Thanks for that.

Comment

• Good gooooooood
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fair to say some of the mixed critical response is because it's Snyder.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                            Fair to say some of the mixed critical response is because it's Snyder.

Snyder's not the problem. The script and editing suck. Everything else works.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                              Fair to say some of the mixed critical response is because it's Snyder.
                              Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              CRITIC FIGHT!!!

But seriously, I'm still excited for this.

Comment

Exactly what my partner said when he saw it last night.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X