Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
    Jeez. It wasn't BAD.

Sorry, but plot-holes and personal taste aside, there's no way as a fan of well-made popular films you could call this bad. Nolan did incredible work here, both technically and in terms of trying to IMPROVE modern, popular film trends.
    Not bad. But certainly not good.

And having nothing to really care about for three hours is not something I look forward to as some popular trend in film.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It was a cold, unengaging film that I did not enjoy watching. I admire it for its technical achievements, though. To each their own.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• With Russ and Matt.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
          With Russ and Matt.
          AND HONEY BOO BOO

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            And having nothing to really care about for three hours is not something I look forward to as some popular trend in film.
            REALLY? Have you seen the films that have been out this year? Cos I didn't give a shit about ANYTHING in John Carter, Battleship, MIB3...
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

REALLY? Have you seen the films that have been out this year? Cos I didn't give a shit about ANYTHING in John Carter, Battleship, MIB3...
              Yeah, REALLY Ben. And all of those films you listed are the exact sort of bullshit I'm talking about.

DKR was technically amazing, but a lackluster film.

Prometheus was technically amazing, but a lackluster film.

Technical ability is fucking pointless if the storytelling ability isn't there.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

I can't comment on MIB3 or BATTLESHIP, but i have seen JOHN CARTER. If you look at my comments from earlier on it, you'll see that i had a lot of the same issues and was not engaged in the stoey to the degree that i would have liked. I DESPERATELY wanted to like that film and just couldn't. It sure was pretty, though.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I tried to save you Ben. I'm the hero you need, but not the one you deserve.

Comment

• Loved Dark Knight Rises. If others didn't, that's fine. Different strokes for different folks. Moving on.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Agreed. It's not a crisis.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        AND HONEY BOO BOO

Honey Boo Boo engages me more than TDKR did.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I wanna see Baney Boo Boo.
                          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• I got your back, M. Thomas.

Who do you want me to pee on? Or stab?
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• So now /thread?
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                                I wanna see Baney Boo Boo.
                                Goddamnit Ari.
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X