No announcement yet.

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw it. Enjoyed it. It has warts, but I'd still hit it.

Tried to shoehorn in too much at the expense of THE central story in Bane/Bats and their conflicting ideologies. The Talia'ing wasn't necessary, and sadly deflected from the more interesting characters that could have been further developed (Bats and Blake, Bats and Cat, the people and their views on their would-be saviors, the true push of Bane as an answer to the decadence of Gotham as opposed to the suicide bomber he became).

But these third parts usually offer much to be desired anyway, and compounding the fact that they lost their key player in the run-up to this final chapter definitely is felt throughout and I couldn't help but wonder "what if" throughout the runtime.

To have not even a single mention of the catalyst of much of what transpired in those unseen eight years is more insulting to the man's memory than to have a complete moratorium on the mention of his name, or a glimpse at his face.

I feel the more I continue to wax on about it, the more I feel Nolan truly pussed out on a spectacular finale in the death of Batman as a hero. Yeah, there's that autopilot long-con gag at the end, but it rang hollow after that fucking graveside breakdown courtesy of My Cocaine.

I still liked a lot of it, but it just felt too bloated in the wrong areas. And yes, even at a runtime of nearly three hours, it needed more to justify some of the events and tweeests throughout. As is, it is the weakest of the three, and sadly, had no choice but to be condemned as inferior from the close of the curtain on The Dark Knight.

But hey, at least Ed's boytoy might get a franchise out of it.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• JUst saw it and, uh what russ said summed up my feelings. Good jerb, well said.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Still dig it but the more I've thought about it the more I have problems with it. And I said the same thing to my buddy about the end just showing Alfred looking into the camera then fade to black.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Not to mention the score was much too bombastic to carry that moment. It would have been more effective as a remnant on the cutting room floor. Not needed after the "wink wink autopilot upgrades and missin' pearls HINT FUCKING HINT, AUDIENCE OF AMERIFATS" part.

It's a goddamn mess.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Still not a fan. Ceej loved it, but then I brought up all of my points on why I wasn't a fan and this movie dropped a bit for him. I honestly have no reason to ever watch this again.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• FUCKEN DROPPED
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• lulz. FUCK YEAH.

But I learned that all it takes to fix my back is some a rope, a good hard punch, and pushups.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Pulls and sits too, ya fuckin' pill-poopin' tacoface

(you also need to hallucinate an awesome cameo from Aslan in a business suit, then shout awkwardly)
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I haven't seen this one yet but I'm going to, and when I do I'm going to love it just to ruin both of your days. SO THERE!!!! *stomps out of the room*
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I felt that way once.

Then I saw it and understood: bloat don't make it GOAT.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Did you guys see the blurb about where the Joker ended up? It's been floating around the interwebz this weekend. CHUD has a thing on it now.

Lawyer gripe: The more I hear about the "Dent" act the more I'm convinced the people writing this movie did no research on the American legal system. Pro-tip: prosecutors win cases over 90% of the time. Removing parole and the insanity plea (which would be unconstitutional, by the way) would do nothing to clean up the streets.

Anyway, I saw it, and I liked it much more than Prometheus.
                          Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
                            Did you guys see the blurb about where the Joker ended up? It's been floating around the interwebz this weekend. CHUD has a thing on it now.
                            The page hit that leads to nowhere.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Nevermind. I didnt' read your post correctly.

I need to get glasses.
                              Last edited by BMichaelKrol; 07-30-2012, 11:11 AM.
                              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• I believe I posted the fake "storyboard" from the novelization a few pages back.

Comment

Working...
                                X