The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From a co-worker I really trust:

As a standalone movie: it's a 8/10. Good flick, but it's not The Dark Knight (nor the fun of The Avengers). However, as a trilogy, and on how well it fits with the previous 2 movies thematically, especially the 1st hour of Begins, it just might be the best trilogy of all time. A complete exploration of the creation and deconstruction of a myth and legend.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I enjoyed it. The GF was livid though. Take it as you will.
      Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        So, good or no good?
        Very good.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        From a co-worker I really trust:

As a standalone movie: it's a 8/10. Good flick, but it's not The Dark Knight (nor the fun of The Avengers). However, as a trilogy, and on how well it fits with the previous 2 movies thematically, especially the 1st hour of Begins, it just might be the best trilogy of all time. A complete exploration of the creation and deconstruction of a myth and legend.
        Listen to your pal!
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Most. Excellent.

Comment

• This ain't spoiling anything but the last 5 minutes...

Fucking aces.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Neat. I'll stick here in the thread until the spoilers starts coming out, cause I can't see this one until next week.

Comment

• LOVED IT.

Spoiler: RISE 
                The twist/misdirect with Bane and Talia could have been handled much better but that's pretty much the only complaint I have. I thought maybe they were playing with canon and the Talia rumors were misdirect, then I noticed her outfit when Batman entered City Hall during the final confrontation. The exposition dump that then occurred was a bit jarring.

The back break made it in, which I loved even though I didn't happen as I expected. I think I like this better because it did allow for a more hopeful ending. The ending is great, btw. While it's unnecessary I would completely watch a movie where JGL carries on the legacy as Robin.

BTW, dude in front of me, if your girlfriend isn't smart enough to track with even the most basic plot points and needs you to explain everything NEVER take her to the movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  LOVED IT.

Spoiler: RISE 
                  The ending is great, btw. While it's unnecessary I would completely watch a movie where JGL carries on the legacy as Robin.
                    Spoiler: Seriously this time, DO NOT read if you're a spoiler bitch!!!!!!! 
                  Levitt would be full on Batman. Not Robin. Perfect capper to close out the same way Nolan ended Batman Begins with the Joker card. A cool way of saying, "THIS story is over... but the characters live on!"
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Batboners. Batboners everywhere.

Comment

• So ready to see this but no sitter. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Loved all the gears and gadgets. Hathaway was actually quite good and I didn't feel like murdering her throughout the film. At times Hardy was indecipherable through his breather.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                          Loved all the gears and gadgets. Hathaway was actually quite good and I didn't feel like murdering her throughout the film. At times Hardy was indecipherable through his breather.
                          Some of what you could decipher was pretty great, though.

"I paid you a lot of money!"
                          "You think this means you own me?"

"It would seem victory has defeated you!"

Also that
                            Spoiler: Mid-movie spoilers 
                          first Bane beatdown on Batman was amazingly shot. The part where he's breaking his cowl with his punches... damn.
                          sigpic
                          360: JohnnyChopsocky PSN: Stud_Beefpile

Comment

• "I was born in darkness, you merely adopted it" speech was fucking amazing.

Comment

• Seeing it in 8 hours. Psyched.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Probably gonna see it next week while I'm in Boston. Still indifferent.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X