RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MATT AND JAMIE HATE FUN
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Can't comment on Crank (not my cup of coffee and I'm not a Jason Statham fan), but Transformers was fucking garbage.

I wasn't blinded by nostalgia like a lot of folks back in July 2007. Which is why I found its backlash with the sequel mind-boggling. People were too busy nerdgasming to notice, apparently, how shitty the first movie was. All the complaints people had about Revenge of the Fallen (which I still haven't watched, and won't) were exactly my issues with the original.

Why does everything have to involve nostalgia? Transformers worked for me because it was GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING AND MEGAN FOX LOOKING HOT. I didn't care that they painted flames on Optimus, that Megatron WASN'T a gun, etc. Now the 2nd movie was a big pile of shit, but the first one was a fun flick IMO.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Why does everything have to involve nostalgia? Transformers worked for me because it was GIANT ROBOTS FIGHTING AND MEGAN FOX LOOKING HOT. I didn't care that they painted flames on Optimus, that Megatron WASN'T a gun, etc. Now the 2nd movie was a big pile of shit, but the first one was a fun flick IMO.
        THIS.

And nostalgia is liking Transformers: The Animated Movie.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• THAT.

Comment

• The animated movie is a big pile of shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
              And nostalgia is liking Transformers: The Animated Movie.
              100%, but I still enjoy it for what it is.

What killed 'Transformers' for me was the terrible humor in it. It was so forced and completely unfunny that it made the film cringeworthy to sit through. John Turturro was painfully unfunny, and that whole 'masturbation' sequence was terrible. The parents sucked PERIOD. I'll grant you that shit blowed up real good yo, and that Megan Fox was smokin' hot, but that's about it.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Kevin Dunn is a saint.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  100%, but I still enjoy it for what it is.
                  Same here, but for the real movie.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  What killed 'Transformers' for me was the terrible humor in it. It was so forced and completely unfunny that it made the film cringeworthy to sit through. John Turturro was painfully unfunny, and that whole 'masturbation' sequence was terrible. The parents sucked PERIOD. I'll grant you that shit blowed up real good yo, and that Megan Fox was smokin' hot, but that's about it.
                  Turturro chewed the scenario so well I loved it. The parent shit I can understand though, but Turturro? He's in on the whole joke.

Comment

• Yea, Turturro is the only one accepting what a huge fucking joke the whole thing is, and turns in a magnificent performance because of it.

Comment

• TETSUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! KANEEEEEEEDAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Steve Kloves is on this to give the script a polish. I'm still up in the air as to whether or not a live action film of 'Akira' is a good idea.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• it's not.

Comment

• Live action Akira? Hell no

There's no way you could do the final sequence without causing the audience to explode in a wave of vomit unseen since that one scene in Stand By Me.
                          Last edited by Ed Hocken; 02-18-2011, 10:57 AM.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• This is gonna suuuuuuuuuuuck.

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Live action version? Nope. Uh-uh. No way. Spend the time, money and energy on something else. The anime and the manga do the job and do it well, so there's absolutely no need for this to be made.

Rather they put forth all this effort on a fucking Elric film. C'mon already!

Comment

Working...
                                X