No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEEEEASE get Val Kilmer in there in some fashion...
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      Looks like Shane Black is a lock for Iron Man 3. MOST ANTICIPATED OF 2013?!
      Uh, yes. I wasn't happy that Favreau was leaving but this is completely an acceptable substitute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
        Also, 300 was far from hollow. That flick had some truly fucked-up subtext running throughout the picture and the original Graphic Novel.
        The Graphic Novel is crap. Good looking, but right-wing propaganda. Gates of Fire should have been made instead of this shit. It's still the battle of Thermolylae, but made GREAT instead of being the racist overeaching fantasy tale of Frank Miller as told by the Greek Boromir.

Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
        Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Sucker Punch is terrible?

If only people had stopped nerdgasming and actually watch the trailers. Then this wouldn't be remotely surprising.
        Dude, the movie looks like a hollow but geeky fun movie that's made for theaters.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        The script was balls. I DEMAND MORE FROM YOU JAMES GUNN.
        I liked DotD. Not as great as the original, but still, a decent Hollywood effort. I DEMAND MORE JAMES GUNN MOVIES.

Originally posted by Ray Abed View Post
        I loved WATCHMEN. I thought the remake for DAWN OF THE DEAD was pretty solid considering the pedigree he was working with. It goes without saying that Snyder is a better director than Paul W.S. Anderson. But the trailer for SUCKER PUNCH...when I first saw it...I was dumbfounded when I realized it was a Zack Snyder flick. I just don't see anything exciting, visually or artistically, in the trailer that makes me pumped for the film. It just feels really hollow and passionless.
        I rewqatched Watchmen. It's flat. Haley still shreds the screen, but I can't care for it. It has no soul, it's exactly the comic.

Sucker Punch, if it suck, will most likely end up being like the Matrix sequels. A graphic orgy of CG.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Dude, the movie looks like a hollow but geeky fun movie that's made for theaters.
          It looks like a hyperactive fourteen year old fanboy's wet-dreams put into a blender - "Hot girls! Robots! Nazis! Samurai swords!" Not a compliment.

Snyder has talent and skill behind the camera. No doubt about that, but he increasingly gives off a Martin Campbell vibe - i.e. if you give him a shit script, you're getting a shit movie and vice versa.

But it's irrelevant. Snyder has his "Get out of jail free" card with Superman.
          Originally posted by Ari
          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I'm still looking forward to Sucker Punch. Looks like it's gonna be fun as fuck to watch.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              It looks like a hyperactive fourteen year old fanboy's wet-dreams put into a blender - "Hot girls! Robots! Nazis! Samurai swords!" Not a compliment.
              I could say the same thing about Crank or Transformers, you know. And yet they're both great at entertaining.

Comment

• The Good The Bad and The Weird could be described as a 14 year old's wet dream and it was one of the best films I saw last year.

Comment

• The Good The Bad and The Weird is sooooooooooo goood.

Comment

I could say the same thing about Crank or Transformers, you know. And yet they're both great at entertaining.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• thanks for the reminder on 'The Good the Bad and the Wierd', I've been meaning to see that one.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I'll defend the hell out of 'Crank' but not 'Transformers'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          thanks for the reminder on 'The Good the Bad and the Wierd', I've been meaning to see that one.
                          It's on Instant RIGHT NAO.

And yeah, Crank and Crank 2 are totally 14 year old wet dreams and AMAZING. And those don't have the Lemony Snicket jailbait or Jenna Malone.

Comment

Can't comment on Crank (not my cup of coffee and I'm not a Jason Statham fan), but Transformers was fucking garbage.

I wasn't blinded by nostalgia like a lot of folks back in July 2007. Which is why I found its backlash with the sequel mind-boggling. People were too busy nerdgasming to notice, apparently, how shitty the first movie was. All the complaints people had about Revenge of the Fallen (which I still haven't watched, and won't) were exactly my issues with the original.
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I'm with ya on that one, Jamie. HATED 'Transformers'.

Comment

• You non-fun loving heretics.

Comment

Working...
                                X