No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard the new GB is pretty good. Not a laugh riot but a solid film nonetheless.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• When I'm not running around insane, I'll do a spoiler catch-all.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Before I get started today.

Spoiler: Spoilers 

Ghostbusters Redux Part IV - The Quest for Peace

People getting mad at this utterly paint by numbers Force Awakens pastiche are beyond me. It's literally a kid friendly retake of the first movie set in a rural setting. The Wal-Mart sequence gets used in the trailers because it is one of four scenes that carry the whole movie.

Still, I liked it way more than the years earlier abortion.

Eternals

Gorgeous movie and most of the shit has leaked already. But, ultimately about nothing. Shang Chi ended up being about nothing either, so that doesn't mean shit when it comes to box office. Harry Styles is in the MCU and shit at the end of the movie sets up plot points for Panther 2.

MCU massive dump

Spidey 3 - Everything you've seen in the trailers so far (pre Ghostbusters release) is only from the first Act. Minus one scene.

Mysterio frames Pete, Murdock is his legal aide, kids get told they can't go to MIT because of murder investigation, Everyone's life goes to shit because of Peter, so he visits Doc Strange. Says make the world forget I'm Spidey, so I stop fucking up my friends' lives.

He agrees, but spells gets fucked up because Peter won't shut the fuck up during the incantation. Peter's guilt and the magic tears another hole in the Multiverse and that brings various villains that Peters have killed into MCU. Their ringleader Dafoe Goblin realizes that if Doc sends them back, they go back to die.

So Dafoe feeds on Peter's guilt and gets him to free them from a Strange made prison under the Sanctum. The scene you see where Strange astral knocks Peter is from his first attempt to recover the prison key.

The city gets overwhelmed by villains. Spidey recruits Ned and a few others to help, but that goes sideways. Ned steals a sling ring and somehow manages to open portals while yelling for someone to help Spider-Man. Out of the portals comes Maguire and Garfield.

The trio teams up and fights, while Doc Ock and Goblin are building a semi ARC reactor device to open up a new tear to send the villains to a new home where they won't die.

They shot five actors' death scenes, but the choice ended up being going with Aunt May dying. This makes Doc Ock freak out and smash the device stranding most of the villains in MCU. Zendaya and Ned get to go to MIT, but Peter post becoming an orphan only has the cash to go to the state school ESU.

Movie sets up next trilogy being Peter the college years.

Early first post credit scene shot seems to imply that either Carol Danvers or Nick Fury still remembers Peter as Spidey because they haven't been on Earth during all of this.

She-Hulk

Banner learns how to go back to a controlled human form after Endgame. His cousin Jen gets fucked up, he gives her blood transfusion. She becomes She-Hulk. Post transfusion, Banner has trouble Hulking out again. Eventually, Banner relaxes enough to become Hulk again and they train. Classic Hulk fighting moves from the comics sprinkled in as Easter Eggs. This leads to the piano bar scene I talked about months ago, where the Hulks try to get hammered.

Tim Roth might as well be the third lead on the show, because a lot of what is going on stems from the government and others trying to control Gamma powered people and the Abomination is now in custody.

Jameela Jamil is Titania and is setup as main villain. She's the former leader of the Wrecking Crew who are Gamma powered convicts with their old comic trappings. The whole crew will be mocapped for the show.

10-12 actors are becoming mocapped for their Gamma selves.

No Liv Tyler, but lots of William Hurt.

Charlie Cox will return as Matt Murdock not Daredevil. Murdock also appears in Echo and other Marvel stuff where they need a legal eagle.

Moon Knight

Party production that has been pissing off Disney to no end, but finally substantial news coming out.

It was heavily put down that Ethan Hawke was playing The Sun King. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sun_K...86)_(Earth-616)
        That's true to a point.

As Marc Spector goes after him, he realizes the Sun King is more than he thought...he's Dracula.

They're finishing up shooting, but Mahershala Ali is supposed to make his debut as Blade here.

Wakanda Agent Ayo (lady that also showed up Falcon and Winter Soldier) helps Marc Spector sneak into America.

Wakanda recognizes Marc as the Fist of Khonshu and apparently recognize Khonshu as a deity. We will see Khonshu in Warren Ellis style and as a human actor.

Black Panther 2

Okoye gets a Plus spin-off series 5-6 months after movie releases. Okoye and others get Panther suits for added strength to fight Namor and others.

Atlantis and Namor are enraged after Eternals fuck up the ocean floor to stop the baby Celestial from erupting and killing Earth at end of Eternals. This begins Namor's rage against the surface world.

Misc tidbits

John C. Reilly showed up to shoot for Marvels unless it was an off-location shoot for Vol 3. But, I believe it's for Marvels due to Nova ties. His character gives a rundown of everything that happened to Xandar since Infinity War.

Marvels also sets up Nova Plus series.

The Jim Carrey as MODOK thing has enough truth to it to make believe it is plausible. However, I know how much has changed since they were trying to get him for Deadpool 3. DP 3 now looks like it will be helmed by the Free Guy team as Disney loves those fuckers.

Literally anyone and everyone who runs X-Men news has it utterly wrong.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Just stay off line until you see it and make sure you stay ALL THE WAY through the credits.

Comment

• Fuck it, Spider spoilers.

Spoiler: Spoilers before I see it again 

I still think Peter getting dusted in IW works amazingly well. However, Aunt May dying is so fucking brutal in this one.
            I get why they picked her now.

Mad respect throughout film for Raimi's take. Characters are treated as the same in a new situation and having grown beyond what they experienced.

Electro is cool in MCU, doesn't want to go back to Garfield world where he is a dork.

Sandman is a good guy once he realizes he likes Tom Holland Spidey

Math beats magic. Take that Inception.

Dafoe getting to drop some meme humor

Tom Holland bragging to the others about the Avengers. Andrew Garfield thinking they are his band.

Unmasked older Tobey and Doc Ock working together to save the day.

Comment

• Dune II: Sand Harder

Rumors of Florence Pugh as Irulan and Austin Butler as Feyd-Rautha?

Why yes. Yes for the casting of these 2 snakes.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                Dune II: Sand Harder

Rumors of Florence Pugh as Irulan and Austin Butler as Feyd-Rautha?

Why yes. Yes for the casting of these 2 snakes.
                It's not rumors, they're in casting negotiations. It's their roles if they have the time and WB has the money.
                Pugh is as good as cast at this point, as Dennis V only wanted her or Taylor-Joy, but Taylor-Joy is booked until 2024.

Comment

• She also would have been a good choice, despite her weird looking face.

Comment

• I thought Barry Keoghan was gonna play Sting in the second Dune? I mean, Elvis looks more of the part imo so that's cool.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Feud-Rautha, in all his genetic glory and perfection, ain’t supposed to look like a Down-Syndrom neandertal. Fuck that guy.

Comment

• My money was on Pattinson. He wanted in, would probably add to it's commercial prospects and it's the kind of role he would have taken regardless of being Batman now.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Also a valid choice. Anyone but the Child of Sloth.

Comment

• Yeah, Dune II and III are getting fast tracked now.

Matrix anything is still deeply on hold.

By 2024, Bat everything.

Comment

• Now we return to your regular broadcast.

Spoiler: Spoiling Kenobi since it looks like it's sticking to the Script Leak 

Movie is 10 years after Sith. Kenobi doesn't have the Episode IV hut yet. He literally moves around the planet and sleeps in a cave with the remnants of what he brought off the Tantive IV.

He's been watching Luke since he left him at the Lars homestead and Owen is furious at him. Basically, says you're an old PTSD coot who is going to get Luke killed and to fuck off.

Kenobi keeps having flashbacks to the Clone Wars and Order 66. He's mentally fucked and not handling things well. Vicariously lives through the Lars and tries to treat Luke as his own kid.

Agent Kallus and the Inquisitors are patrolling the Outer Rim looking for a Jedi and it's a slight misdirect. They're looking for a Jedi named Neri or Nari that escaped after receiving Obi-Wan and Yoda's corrected warning beacon not to return to the Jedi Temple.

After all this time, he tracks Obi-Wan to Tattooine and Obi-Wan tells him to cut himself off the force, destroy his lightsaber and hide until the time is ready.

Reva (Third Sister) detects both Jedis and deploys Inquisitors and a garrison of troopers to the planet to hunt them down. Nari is pissed at Obi-Wan for being a quitter and radios the person who's helping him that Obi-Wan won't help. Then, he splits.

Days later, Owen and Beru are in Anchorhead selling water harvest, when Luke tries to get a toy from a vendor. Owen tells him No and then Obi-Wan steps up and buys the toy Skyhopper for Luke. Owen and Obi-Wan get into a nasty argument in public, while Luke can't understand why Owen is so mean to Old Ben. Obi-Wan doesn't want to attract attention, so he backs off and flees.

That's when Obi-Wan stumbles onto a scene. Nari has been brutally destroyed by the Inquisitors and his dead body is mounted and hung on the entrance to Anchorhead station.

The Third Sister shows up and tells the people that she knows there is another Jedi and that every 10 hours that he doesn't appear, she will kill a dozen people in town. Obi-Wan thinks back about what Owen said and decides to flee the planet.

He goes back to his Cave and finds Bail Organa waiting for him. Leia has been kidnapped by the Inquistors as a ploy to punish the Organas for their ties to the Jedi and to drive any survivors out. Bail knows it's a trap, but begs to have Leia saved. Tells him to do it for Padme and Anakin. He agrees and hops on one of those Book of Boba starcruisers and leaves to rescue Leia.

The Inquisitors detect that the Jedi has left the planet and head off to pursue.

End of Ep 1.

If I have a bit of time today, I'll do a rundown of the other 5 eps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                Yeah, Dune II and III are getting fast tracked now.

Matrix anything is still deeply on hold.

By 2024, Bat everything.
                                Having Messiah would be flabbergasting. Also a very valid end to the story. But less bombastic than the end of Dune.

Comment

Working...
                                X