RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Franco to play Tommy Wiseau?

I've just finished reading The Disaster Artist and it's a complex thing, depending on what you want to take from it. It's a helluva read though and could make a wonderful film, provided it's done with more love than snark. The prospect of Franco as Tommy Wiseau (presumably Dave Franco would play the younger Tommy? Or James Dean?) is both enticing and terrifying, depending on which way this goes. His comments about his proposed take on it are encouraging, though. The book directly references Sunset Boulevard and The Talented Mr Ripley and the inclusion of these touchstones - especially Ripley - is key to taking away some of the deeper elements. If he wants to throws in a bit of PTA, all the better. This could be great.

Thoroughly recommend The Disaster Artist as a quick, fun read and it made me want to watch The Room again. And again.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Guardians of the Galaxy info.

Spoiler: Planet Spoiler 

Hopefully, you liked Planet Hulk as much as James Gunn. Due to the rights issues with so many aliens tied to the Guardians, the main alien threat will be:

The Sakaarians.

These are the red and gray aliens that held Hulk captive during Planet Hulk. Eventually, Hulk lead a slave revolt and conquered the planet. That being said, they're going to be the disposable threat (similar to the Chitauri situation from Avengers).

http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Sakaaran

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• You're slacking Troy. That's not news. :P
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          You're slacking Troy. That's not news. :P
          I'm about three days behind in emails. Did it already get out there?
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• that shit was out there when the trailer dropped.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• SLACKER.

Comment

that shit was out there when the trailer dropped.
                Somehow, that slipped right past me.

Comment

• I'm just busting your balls man.

Not everyone can surf the internet for 8+ hours a day like me.

Comment

I'm just busting your balls man.

Not everyone can surf the internet for 8+ hours a day like me.
                    I went back through the shared drive and I actually found where I had it from the day after Kimmel. I just didn't read the damn thing until today. I'm slipping.

Comment

• I recommend some Limoncello. That'll help the slippage.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        I recommend some Limoncello. That'll help the slippage.
                        Shit like Limoncello is what caused the slippage in the first place.

Comment

• Second attempt to get my scoops back up in a timely manner.

Spoiler: Godzilla info 

Multiple Kaiju monsters in it.

Count I have is 4.

Movie progresses from South Pacific -- Japan -- Hawaii --- California -- Las Vegas -- Pacific Ocean

Obviously, there's a gap there, but it's early in the game.

If successful, WB will turn around a sequel fast as they want a franchise.

Comment

• That's the Troy we know and love! Well done, sir! And why the hell isn't it May already so I can take in all that Godzilla goodness you just dropped?

Comment

• Well, this one broke while I was cleaning out the Feb movie reviews.

Spoiler: What do you do when you're no longer Robin? 

You become the villain of the next Star Wars movies.

Adam Driver is 90% there to being the next villain for the SW films. Suck a fuck, JJ Abrams.

Comment

• Seriously.

Spoiler: More Star Wars angar. 

You start with Hugo Weaving, but can't make it work. You won't play ball with Michael Fassbender.

But, Adam Driver is a reasonable third choice? On what planet?

Comment

Working...
                                X