No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't hate him either. He's a harmless, generic director. I'm just confounded at the idea of a sequel to MIDNIGHT RUN. It wasn't that big of a hit, and I don't know anyone that was clamoring for a sequel.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      One day I'll "get" this Ratner hate...

...Strike that. No I won't. Dude is no bigger fucktard than anyone else in the industry.
      Yeah, being a decent person is for fags amiriteguys? /OBVIOUS SARCASM TO POINT OUT HE'S A PRETTY HUGE FUCKTARD.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• If he's the only homophobe in town...then absolutely I'd join in throwing the stones at him. He was a dumbfuck for saying that sure. But people were hating on him long before that.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• He's the only one being pretty out there and obnoxious about it.* So he gets no pass from me on it. Also to be fair I'm not a big fan of anything he's done so it's easy to say "screw that bozo" when he says something stupid.

*I don't recall anyone else making similar remarks.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Hey, look, I don't care - couldn't care less - what sort of a person Ratner is. He seems to be enjoying the modicum of superstar status he has/had while he is/was young enough. Fair play, so would I.

But as a director, he is at best uninspired. Even as a workmanlike, get the project done kinda guy, he's no Martin Campbell - who makes vapid but thrilling pieces of popcorn. And I've previously defended the guy for X3, which I genuinely like.

But if he gets his hands on Midnight Run, he'll turn it into just another uninspired, vapid piece of popcorn. Whether you're a huge fan of the original or not (I'd count it among my favourite films of the 80s and even my favourite films of Robert De Niro), if you go back and watch it, it is so much more than that. At the same time as being exactly that. Ratner can't do that.

Hence, FUCK. THAT.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              WB playing around with Dark Tower. Lots of iffiness in terms of the original team (Howard, Grazer, Goldman, Bardem). Nobody outside of Goldman is actually back working on it and my guess is in the event this goes forward, that's what will go down.

Goldman's off. WB gave him his directorial debut to get him the fuck away from the project. That happened yesterday.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• A Midnight Run with no DeNiro, Grodin, Farina, or Ashton? What is the point?

Comment

• Next memorial day.

Fast 6 vs. The Hangover Part III.

Place your bets (on Fast 6).
                  Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I'll take the 3rd option: Spiceworld 3D.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
                      A Midnight Run with no DeNiro, Grodin, Farina, or Ashton? What is the point?
                      money?
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• There wouldn't be any money, because who the fuck remembers Midnight Run? Most people don't even remember what fucking day it is.

(I loved it. Grodin is vastly underrated. See: The Lonely Guy.)
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And the 300 sequel drops in August 2013. Weird, not March?
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                            There wouldn't be any money, because who the fuck remembers Midnight Run? Most people don't even remember what fucking day it is.

I'm trying to remember it and I'm coming up blank. Is it the one that's parodied in Cable Guy with the nipple and the prison scene?
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• That's Midnight Express. Completely different.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• shit, maybe I've never seen Midnight Run then....

Comment

Working...
                                X