No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even with the slick effects / fight scenes and digital Ramon Flowers-alike Olivia Wilde, I still got bored with TRON: Legacy. Turned it off before the third act had run its course. Is anyone really excited for more?
    "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Me.

I enjoyed it.

The story was not the reason for my enjoyment of course (that was a ruddy mess), but the giant neon bullshit, Jeff Lebowski in cyberspace, and Quorra being a technopixie dreamgirl.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
        Even with the slick effects / fight scenes and digital Ramon Flowers-alike Olivia Wilde, I still got bored with TRON: Legacy. Turned it off before the third act had run its course. Is anyone really excited for more?
        A bit. If they could take those first 45 minutes, put more Olivia Wilde in it, and make her naked, I'm there on opening night.

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
        Me.

I enjoyed it.

The story was not the reason for my enjoyment, of course, but the giant neon bullshit, Jeff Lebowski in cyberspace, and Quorra being a technopixie dreamgirl.
        This.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
          Me.

I enjoyed it.

The story was not the reason for my enjoyment of course (that was a ruddy mess), but the giant neon bullshit, Jeff Lebowski in cyberspace, and Quorra being a technopixie dreamgirl.
          Hate to be an echo chamber but THAT
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, gents. I thoroughly enjoyed all of those ingredients (especially the technopixie dreamgirl), but even they were hanging on for dear life by the final stretch. No matter how cool it looked - or how much scenery David Bowie / Tony Blair devoured - the end result was too flat for me to derive much enjoyment.

For maximum emphasis, I shall now embolden the key portion of quoted text:

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            A bit. If they could take those first 45 minutes, put more Olivia Wilde in it, and make her naked, I'm there on opening night.
            Save us a seat please, mate.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• The only good thing in the second half was that double-helix pirouette the plane made. That was reeeeeaaaal nice.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Sorry, Daft Punk's score was awesome throughout.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I'm an easy mark/sappy manbitch when it comes to father-son movies (even when it is a heap of clichés), so the rote lead up to the finale was easily ignored once I knew that
                    Spoiler: them things with the stuffs 
                  Lebowski and son would not see each other again.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Excellent point, Ben. I neglected to mention how fine a job they did (even enjoyed their little cameo in the club scene.) To be absolutely fair to the film, it got that part absolutely right. Felt true to the spirit of the thing whilst also being fresh among generally quite bland action/adventure scores.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                      Sorry, Daft Punk's score was awesome throughout.
                      It's really good, but the remix album is 10x better. Seriously. And Bobby's right, beside the excellence of the Wilde, Daft Punk is the most perfect casting of that year (music-wise).

And I still like the movie up until Flynn's son escape the arena. The arena bit was REALLY good. For the few minutes it lasted.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                        Sorry, Daft Punk's score was awesome throughout.
                        I've said it before but that score (and especially its remix album) need to be in a better movie.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• This isn't the 3rd Coors Light talking nor do I think it's going to go down.

But I think Eddie Murphy as an Oscar host is kinda genius.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            It's really good, but the remix album is 10x better. And Bobby's right, beside the excellence of the Wilde, Daft Punk is the most perfect casting of that year (music-wise).
                            Well, Hanna´s Chemical Brothers might want to have a word with you. While DP is indeed aces for Tron, I´d argue that the Chemical Brothers score does elevate and sublement the movie scenes it is set to way better and indefinitely more engaging than anything in Tron.

But that might stem from the fact that Hanna is a great movie period, while Tron is, well there.

Comment

• No need for some dick-measuring contest regarding a couple of movies. This isn't the interne-

-what? It is?

Oh sorry guys, my mistake. Please continue.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, the difference with the Chemicals and Hanna, though, is that they blend perfectly. You can tell that score helped turn the film into a feature-length music video. Daft Punk's score just makes you wish there were no dialogue in Tron.

Comment

Working...
                                X