No announcement yet.

RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just happy they're shooting down here.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• GI JOE 2: SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR AWESOME
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        http://www.slashfilm.com/ray-stevens...cobra-strikes/

Ray Stevenson in GI JOE 2 yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss
        Ok... NOW I'll see it.

Comment

• Will there be a scene where Dwayne Johnson offers a body massage?
          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            Ray Stevenson in GI JOE 2 yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss
            "A dream unfolds..."

This actually makes up for the aforelamented loss of Nichols. I didn't think that was possible, but here it is.

Nicely done, Paramount. Nicely done, indeed.
            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
              New Hobbit production diary is out. God, could I care less about those movies, and I love the LOTR trilogy.
              Got a copy of the book with the intention of reading it. I'm told Hobbit is actually easy to read because I just couldn't get past the Rings books.

I don't care if I go to Nerd Hell but I find Tolkien was quite the rambler in his writing.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Will there be a scene where Dwayne Johnson offers a body massage?
                Only in my dreams.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Got a copy of the book with the intention of reading it. I'm told Hobbit is actually easy to read because I just couldn't get past the Rings books.

I don't care if I go to Nerd Hell but I find Tolkien was quite the rambler in his writing.
                  I'm the same exact way, Jamie. The LOTR books are a slog...Tolkien used 5 words when one would suffice. I don't NEED/WANT to read 5 pages of 'these were the gifts that were exchanged' kind of crap.

So I can indeed confirm to you that 'The Hobbit' will be an easier read. Indeed, it's quite a fun book. You'll enjoy it.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• As much as I love the film trilogy, it literally felt like, "AND SO THE FELLOWSHIP'S JOURNEY BEGAN! AND FRODO BEGAN BY WALKING WITH HIS LEFT FOOT...AND THEN HIS RIGHT FOOT...AND THEN HIS LEFT FOOT AGAIN..." while I was reading Fellowship of the Ring.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Heard that, and I love me some Tolkien. It's kind of like that with the Dune novels - way, way, too much crap devoted to mundane and boring stuff that does very little to drive the story along. Gotta tighten that stuff up.

Comment

• I picked up the complete 'John Carter' trilogy from Edgar Rice Burroughs this weekend. I haven't read it since Jr. High, but the coming movie has gotten me in the mood to read them all again.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Holy God don't get started on Dune...
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Loved the first 'Dune' book, never started the others. I heard that the quality went downhill very quickly.

Comment

• The Hobbit is a real story Jamie. LOTR is just world building wankery, and I, like Tim, love Tolkien. The Hobbit is a much better read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                I picked up the complete 'John Carter' trilogy from Edgar Rice Burroughs this weekend. I haven't read it since Jr. High, but the coming movie has gotten me in the mood to read them all again.
                                I got a hardcover version of the trilogy for Christmas - totally sucked into that book, and I'm chomping at the bit now for the movie.

Re: Dune, I'd read the first couple of books, but bailed after Children of Dune (I read the other Dune books later, but man, was THAT a slog). I also have the Dune Encyclopedia, and talk about fan wankery to the nth degree.

Comment

Working...
                                X