RUMOR CONTROL...THESE ARE THE FACTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
    Stiller only ever transcended his shortcomings once and truly embraced a character ONCE.

It was in Heavyweights.

He has been milking this ever since. And whenever he pulls that arrogant prick attitude out of the bag, he usually carries himself quite well.

His nebbish punching bag character has only worked once. And that was in There's Something About Mary.

I don't hate the guy or anything, but he's going to have to dig deep and find something fucking new to do.
    bravo.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Best Ben Stiller role?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VIpldW1o2pI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Sly might direct The Expendables 2 after all and Galifianakis has dropped out of R.I.P.D.

*Crickets*
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• You guys should check out Greenberg if you haven't yet. It was the goods. Gave me hope for Stiller yet.

Comment

• Thanks for clarifying the TDKR info, Jamie. This is more in line with what I've been hearing.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Very sequel-y sounding. By no means a bad thing, but just surprising when you look at how different in terms of style and tone Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were. They practically felt like reboots of one another.

Josh Pence Steps Out of Armie Hammer's Shadow & Into Liam Neeson's for The Dark Knight Rises
              Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 04-08-2011, 07:36 PM.
              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                Stiller only ever transcended his shortcomings once and truly embraced a character ONCE.

It was in Heavyweights.
                PERMANENT MIDNIGHT
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I recall that he was really good in 'Your Friends and Neighbors' as well.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• So was I... with the woman of the bunch anyways.
                    Sticky white or pale yellow discharge can be constant during pregnancy, leaving you feeling in frequent need of new undies. Talk to your doctor if it develops a foul odor, itches or burns, or becomes greenish-yellow or very thick or watery; you may have an infection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      PERMANENT MIDNIGHT
                      Haven't seen it in years. Only thing I remember is Stahl shooting in the hospital while his baby is being delivered. Fucking ridiculous.

And of course, there will be a few spots of creativity from the guy, but his main impact is in terrible projects doing terrible work.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's hampered by its low budget, but I give it props for Stiller doing a dramatic role.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Even Zero Effect Stiller was good.

All I'm supersayan is that his choice to go broad has had adverse effects on his legacy to the wider public. It stands firmly as consisting of little beyond the aforementioned douchebag/nebbish punchingbag.

Same goes for my avatar.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 04-09-2011, 04:23 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Looks like Shannon is Zod.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...Steel%E2%80%9D
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• That whole situation with Shannon went odd. The way I've been led to understand it is that someone who they wanted for Luthor suddenly became available.

Now, I'm even more curious about who they're getting for Luthor.

The shortening to Man of Steel was coming for awhile. Nolan's idea.
                              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                                That whole situation with Shannon went Zod.
                                Please kill me
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X